Jotagas - Still In Business?

teedubbs

And there will be more JTG recruited importers who switch to TRS .

So people of the Trials World .....are you starting to work this out yet ?. It aint hard !!. Its just business

Importers obviously like money and no hassle. They believe TRS will provide this easier ....... so they're switching ship. Its as simple as that. They are not allowed both marques as they dont get on.

There were a few bike problems . Which bike hasnt ?. But theyre sorted .

This has got nothing to do with the JTG bike.

So you see now ................................Its just business and political.

Good luck to the importers ......after all , its just business.

So can you please explain why (several) importers who have invested considerable time, money and effort promoting the Jotagas brand would now abandon selling a bike that is virtually fully sorted and in demand for another marque that is little more than an image on a computer screen? If the factory is still manufacturing bikes surely one can only conclude that the problem must be the Jotagas business model.

• Like 1

So can you please explain why (several) importers who have invested considerable time, money and effort promoting the Jotagas brand would now abandon selling a bike that is virtually fully sorted and in demand for another marque that is little more than an image on a computer screen? If the factory is still manufacturing bikes surely one can only conclude that the problem must be the Jotagas business model.

As I said on the previous page I believe that both the importers WANT to deal with a particular person who was heavily involved in Jotagas and is now part of TRS. As for problems with Business models there are no guarantees as per the current Gas Gas situation. Ad long as the factory is still there and producing bikes there is an opportunity.

Only if people have a desire to buy them

That's pretty much a gimmee. However I'd reckon until the 260 Montesa came out the importer would have been weeping at the numbers. However the problems come when factories dictate how many bikes you can sell and that number is not achievable. Witness the "old" Scorpa.

It would be great if the new Uk Jotagas importer could be announced quickly. Might restore a bit of confidence, especially if it is someone with a bit of experience.

who would take it on? SXS did exactly the right things, invested time and money got a good rider(S) had a proper factory unit and publicised and promoted the brand.

Then for whatever reasons were unable to carry on like this. Why would anyone else try?

• Like 1

I

That's pretty much a gimmee. However I'd reckon until the 260 Montesa came out the importer would have been weeping at the numbers. However the problems come when factories dictate how many bikes you can sell and that number is not achievable. Witness the "old" Scorpa.

I bet the numbers sold havnt been anything special since, and the importers model of so few dealers has played into the grey importers plate.

Just me being selfish Nigel, I loved the test bike I tried and would still buy one if available. Obviously if there is no importer, then no new bike for me!

Now this is where things dont add up. Apparently some dealers have new bikes so if you wanted one, really did would you buy?

Not true, no bikes for 8 weeks Nigel. Ordered mine two weeks ago, even got email from Steve Saunders saying they arrive when they arrive. May be dealers in other area's might have stock themselves but my dealer who I have kept loyal to over the years had none and neither did Steve.

Edited by john.b

• 5 weeks later...

According to tmx Jack Sheppard has been to the factory and riding in Spain so it appears theyre still going wish theyd put us in the picture very unproffesional and dismissive of their customers

I recently visited the factory and contrary to what i thought before , JGas are still assembling bikes on the production line and still have the same number of employees as before . They have orders for new bikes and are fulfilling them as quickly as they can .Development work is also still being undertaken and they have drawings of the 2016 bike. Theyre missing a UK Importer but theyre talking to people i know at the moment so fingers crossed they'll reach an agreement.

Jgas factory are not very good at PR and communication , especially at a time like this , when customers want to know whats going on etc etc etc. They should have updated their website with some news of whats happening ........but i think theyre sticking their heads in the sand and licking their wounds etc following their problems in the UK. I know theyre bad on answering emails as well. I think its as much as they can do to keep up with their orders and keeping the parts coming in to supply this.

I hate to say it ....but untill there is a new Jgas importer this lack of info isnt going to change. Theyre might be a new importer in the UK...there might never be one. Yes this is dismissive of current customers in not giving us information. I think the boss would say - You can spares from the previous Uk importer Steve Saunders or via the Jitsie website and we are trying to sort something out for the UK.

Because of my web i get regular updates from the factory. Ive no crystal ball for the future , but in my opinion and knowing the boss quite well he's unlikely to stop making bikes.