Gas Gas To Honda?

duggan

I think for me it's going to be a case of (better the devil you know than the one you don't) plus it's sounding like the engine will disappoint long term and I'll be wishing I was on a 300 Gas Gas. In an ideal world I'd have enough cash to buy one of every trials bike and the spare time to use them all! But until that day I'll just stick with the Gas Gas.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys

Ed

Edited by duggan
  • Like 2

I've had a GasGas and never noticed much difference to my 4RT in the mud.

Maybe it's something that is mainly noticed in the higher classes?

Not at all.

I think its time spent on the bike learning the technique it grips but you need to know how it does it, its not rider intuative.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Rode a 2014 standard Honda 4rt yesterday for a few hours, completely different but great fun.

Was enjoying it so much I didn't realise how little fuel I had until it was to late! Two mile walk on a very rough track to get back to the van ?

Made the call! Picking up a 2015 Repsol factory replica next Saturday!!! Can't wait, first time I've been excited about a new bike in a long while ?

Edited by duggan
  • Like 5

Update!

Rode a 2014 standard yesterday for a few hours, completely different but great fun.

Was enjoying it so much I didn't realise how little fuel I had until it was to late! Two mile walk on a very rough track to get back to the van

Made the call! Picking up a 2015 factory replica next Saturday!!! Can't wait, first time I've been excited about a new bike in a long while

Pardon my ignorance but which manufacturer have you committed to?

You will love it. my 06 4rt still has a strong motor, and is in very good condition. They hang together really well. I think buying a gasser is a bit of a lottery at the best of times, but at the moment even more of a risk...

Oh an as for buying a bike for the noise it makes , why not? Its your money.

• Like 1

I quite fancy a 4rt as my next bike but whether I will actually buy one I don't know. Not bothered about competitiveness, just like a change from a 2t. I have had a Cub, C15 and TL125 and found them Ok to ride with no problem finding grip, but after many years or riding 2T trials I find the level of mechanical noise and less frequent firing intervals (at same RPM) disconcerting on a 4rt. Keep thinking it is about to stall or go wrong.