Michelin X11 Vrs X Lite

jam

On 3/2/2015 at 8:37 PM, smalley250 said:

X Light very prone to splitting as did my mates then mine, now we are both on X11. I think its not worth the risk on rocks for sake of a few grams unless you are an Expert. I[...]

That makes sense. In Zelhem (Nederland GP) most of the top riders had the X11 mounted.

On 3/2/2015 at 7:37 PM, smalley250 said:

X Light very prone to splitting as did my mates then mine, now we are both on X11. I think its not worth the risk on rocks for sake of a few grams unless you are an Expert. I could not tell if one was better as i think its mainly about the nobble edge and tyre pressure.

IRC was the best tyre for me but as said no good on newer rims shame. Worst tyre VEE rubber entered Scott on one hard work came to mind.

ive never split an x light so much i couldnt turd it

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, Canario said:

X Light: 5340 grams

X11: 5870 grams

That equals 530 grams/ 18.694 oz. That's over a pound of un-sprung weight! In the off road world, that's a significant savings with the added traction, I would see the value provided here... 

But I don't know jack when it comes to trials... 

Found IRC gripped well when you got them spinning but find the xlite very consistent on all conditions on the 4rt on steady sections and a good degree of throttle control.

x lite my choice of tyre having ridden. Itc an std  mich   

• 2 weeks later...