Best Place For Sherco Engine Parts

arw

so.... seized my 2011 250 today. wheres the best/cheapest place to buy the parts, splat shop seem to have a huge markup on parts, a single piston ring for £23! i can buy a full set for my leyland tractor for that!

Splat shops 250 piston kit (£128.00) is about the same price as a Beta or Gas Gas piston kit. But If you think the Layland tractor parts fit go with them. You may just need a very big hammer to get them in though. :rotfl:

• Like 3

Try an Apico or Wiseco dealer.

I am not sure what make the piston is in a sherco, quite likely a Vertex or Mahle. If you can find out may be able to get them through car engine rebuilder.

Splatshop are a very good supplier, the high price of the ring is almost certainly not their fault.

It is probably the structure and low volume of the trials spares market that is the problem. I can buy a set of 6 pistons complete with rings etc for a 4 litre engine, ie about £50 each yet a 125 cc piston for a trials bike is about £150

S3 made barrels and pistons for that year of Sherco, They just were not branded as the fancy ones S3 does.

In general Sherco parts are cheaper than every other brand especially Beta and Montesa.

How on earth did you sieze the bike up, You will probably need more than just rings, Probably re plate and a piston too unless you want to bodge it like a tractor.

S3 made barrels and pistons for that year of Sherco, They just were not branded as the fancy ones S3 does.

In general Sherco parts are cheaper than every other brand especially Beta and Montesa.

How on earth did you sieze the bike up, You will probably need more than just rings, Probably re plate and a piston too unless you want to bodge it like a tractor.

i didnt make a hill climb and the bike fell on the throttle side, revved flat out and slid to the bottom, by the time i got to it it had stopped. let it cool down and the engine was free but not much compression.

stripped it down, very little damage, engine had nipped at one side an a slight covering of metal over the rings where it had nipped, bore was fine, so glaze busted the bore, cleaned up the piston and re-rung it, started first kick!