Beta Sticky Clutch

itstommmm

Hi Richfr,

What is your clutch doing after the fix?

When first started (and if slightly warm after 30min coffee stop) it will drag a tiny amount when you first set off and the very first time you stop it will drag.

The garden gate came off the hinges last time I forgot :wall: :wall:

I think it had ATF in when I got it but I now have GP10 75W. I have tied the clutch leaver in when stood hopefully make a difference.

Tried the fix on my 04 270, made a little difference, but it only sticks when it been standing for a couple of weeks. nearly ended up in the fish pond when it first did it. now dont take any chances, stick the front wheel against a tree when starting.

I have to ask if you did the cleaning of glue from between the pads and anywhere else on the fibers that might contact the steel plates. It is possible that the glue has contaminated the fiber pads in which case you would need to clean them though I'm not sure it's possible. I'm not fond of ATF. I find it makes for abrupt catch and release of the clutch but it shouldn't cause cold stick.

I also wouldn't leave the clutch pulled in as that is keeping the actuator system pressurized which may not be the best way to make the seals last.

Edited by dan williams

• 4 weeks later...

Possible you have bent plates. That'll also cause drag.

I pulled the clutch out today as I had the case off as the starter return spring has snapped :wall: and found the basket has slight grooves in it. I will smooth them out but that will be the cause of mine.

(don't know why I didn't see them before)