My 198B

steve1953

Brings back happy memories.

Would I be right in thinking Bultos of about this era have increased in price significantly over last year?

Have been steadily rising over last few years, although not limited to Bultos, I think there is a general interest in the later twinshocks.

I may start a war by saying, I believe the Twinshock class is a much more honest and accessible class than the Pre65. I compete on a fairly original 199 (The Magicals shocks & fork springs, fibre clutch plates and electric ignition being the only 'modern parts')

Where as a lot of the Pre65 bikes I see competing now, have in my opinion, completely lost the way, modified or completely remanufactured frames, billet hubs, lightweight or tubeless rims, Japanese carbs, modern forks internals the list goes on. Some of the 'Pre65's' I have ridden are better suspended, stop, and turn better than my 1978 Bully!

Meaning the price (and possibly technical know how) of Pre65's have pushed them beyond the reach of a lot of people, in turn pulling the price of the later bikes up with them.

Rant over.

Edited by watch this
  • Like 1