Draining Oil On Marzocchi 40Mm Forks, Struggling

magicmat

Hi all,

Im strugging to disassemble the forks and then drain to change my oil and seals.

I have a 2011 Raga, with 40mm Marzocchi forks, and im struggling to remove the top cap as it feels tight.

Am i right in thinking you just unto the top nut in a conventional manner? with a socket and just undo? .. it felt as though it tightened up was all.

the top of the fork also has little holes, so i wasnt sure if it was a special tool, but looking at the diagram, i dont think it is

fork%20diagram_zpssikxrugk.png

the 2006 servicing, on this site

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html

doesnt give me tons of info about this.

Thanks

Matt

yeah loosened those, the cap starts to turn but then pinches, hense i thought i was turning the wrong part and wondered if it was a special tool that had to match the holes around the edge, but looking at that diagram i dont think it is

One side (all Silver) should be just as normal but the other side (Red & Silver) just the centre nut will turn, this bit adjusts the preload on the fork spring and turns just a couple of turns then goes tight at the end of its adjustment. Depending how tight the cap is it will come undone if you kept going if it won't then you need a tool that locates in the holes.