Triumph Tiger Cub

throttlejokey

Depends where you live, what competitions you plan on riding, their rules, and of course what you are willing to pay. In the USA for example I can use BSA B50 four stud forks and their yokes which are 3/4" and fit perfectly. If you use Yam TY250 forks and their yokes you will need to get either bearing holders or the stem machined to the Cub. Yam forks and yokes work well but do extend the wheelbase by 1/2". There are of course many other options but I fear they are not cheap!

Tony

To fit straight in would be Triumph tiger cub, with some work will be a set of 35 mm forks and yokes , say MZ, OSSA, or what have you, with a bit more work would be some trick forks, depends on the budget . There are pre 65 forks and there are pre 65 forks. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Hi Guy's.

Has we know not many Cubs get fitted with forks made before Jan 1 1965 unless they are Sports Cub forks which were handed down from the 350-500 twins with different cast steel yokes. how many of these do we see fitted now-a-days?

Fit any forks that work better than the poor damping in these original forks, or use as suggested above Triumph-BSA four stud forks. you know I use these a lot. and they are British, but are getting harder to find now.1971.

But the point I am making is don't class the machine as Pre65, with anything else but original speck forks fitted, if other makes of fork are fitted made after 1964, the machine should then be classed has a "Special"?

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1