New 4Rt Mods

mrorange

First once enjoy this miraculous motorcycle.

Then pay attention to short change intervals and good oil quality for engine, gearbox and fork and give new grease to the bearings of the swingarm linkage one or twice per year. Then you will have long pleasure with your 4RT.

I changed clutch/brake levers to the short S3 Digit, the S3 World handlebar to the higher S3 Buffalo, also fitted S3 End5 end plugs and a stronger bashplate/ linkage protector from KIVO (Germany).

And I`ll never ever give it away! :D:D:D

Jitsie air filter and remove the flame guard. Order a set of Michelins and swap over as soon as you get it so you can sell the Dunlops. Most of us swap the front sprocket for a 9 tooth as the 10 is too tall. Thankfully I'm not into bling so mines pretty much standard apart from the above.

Edited by the addict

Make sure everything is well greased and copper slipped up, just like any bike really. As others have said, the Standard sump guard doesn't last too well so have a look on h&d website. If you've got a spare 2k, then perhaps a full titanium bolt kit too!

• Like 1

Hi there, Ive a standard 4rt also and had some really helpful tips on how to better it etc etc.

The light Alloy Mitani sidestand is a must.. soooo much better and a front case sprocker protector thing..waterpump protector..

S3 do loads of handlebar bits. check em out

http://www.zonetrial.com/for some really great prices.. Complete rear mudguard n graphics .. less than 100 squids.. (bought as a spare)

Ive just put loads of carbon goodies on mine really just to bling it up

post-20944-0-16928900-1427745579_thumb.jpgpost-20944-0-65360400-1427745616_thumb.jpg

post-20944-0-20681500-1427745813_thumb.jpg

post-20944-0-55162900-1427745893_thumb.jpg

Edited by helicoptermanr22
  • Like 2

Jitsie air filter and remove the flame guard. Order a set of Michelins and swap over as soon as you get it so you can sell the Dunlops. Most of us swap the front sprocket for a 9 tooth as the 10 is too tall. Thankfully I'm not into bling so mines pretty much standard apart from the above.

Hi

Why would you put a 9T on....1st on my bike goes nowhere.??

Has anyone fitted a taller handlebar? I'm 5'9" and wonder whether a taller bar may benefit.

Do any of you cut width off your bars as discussed in owners manual?

Hi

Why would you put a 9T on....1st on my bike goes nowhere.??

Has anyone fitted a taller handlebar? I'm 5'9" and wonder whether a taller bar may benefit.

Do any of you cut width off your bars as discussed in owners manual?

10/43 is definitely slow enough for me. And I'll probably go back to 10/42 when I need new chain and sprockets.
I'm the same height and the standard bar is fine for me in both ways.
But both things are very personal.
Edited by guys

I always found 9/41 or 9/42 stopped the thing pushing me sections faster than I wanted to go.

Most of my mates find the standard gearing way to fast Perce, as you said, pushing faster than I want to go, using the clutch to much in slippy streams to slow things down is not good.