New 4Rt Mods

mrorange

Its rare you cant find something to lean the bike on so I've never felt the need for a stand. On the rare occasions I couldn't find something then I'd tell Ralphy to hold the bike whilst I took a p*** and walked the section instead, worked for the past 20 odd years.

Edited by the addict

Odd isn't it? 1st gear for nearly everything, I usually gauge a gear by speed needed on gerty rather than anything else.

That odd i seldom use it.More at home with 2nd & 3rd my self. Think it's lack of skill or a mental thing as when i use first ,i always seem to fook whatever i'm tackling up .

Couldn't agree more on your word's.

Jitsie air filter and remove the flame guard. Order a set of Michelins and swap over as soon as you get it so you can sell the Dunlops. Most of us swap the front sprocket for a 9 tooth as the 10 is too tall. Thankfully I'm not into bling so mines pretty much standard apart from the above.

Addict , what flame guard ? where is it ?

Tell me more please.

Edited by shyted

... what flame guard ? where is it ?

The wire mesh part that fits over the OEM air filter foam. It's P.N. 17213-NN4-000, named "TRAP COMP., FLAME".

Jitsie and Twin Air filters have a coarse, hard mesh on the clean-air side that (I believe) is an integrated flame guard.

• Like 2

You know that feeling when you leave the house and think "did I lock the door"? you know 99% in your head that you have but there's just that nagging 1% that thinks maybe this time you forgot. Well I've got to give the air filter a clean on Gerty this afternoon and make sure there's no dirt in the airbox - they are the same things.

• Like 1

You know that feeling when you leave the house and think "did I lock the door"? you know 99% in your head that you have but there's just that nagging 1% that thinks maybe this time you forgot. Well I've got to give the air filter a clean on Gerty this afternoon and make sure there's no dirt in the airbox - they are the same things.

I did the lock the door by the way, clean as always even though it was a mudfest last Sunday.

• Haha 1

Thats brill fellas and thank's as that thing boils my p*** stretching the filter on and getting it located in that recess. Proper pain in't butt hole when youve put filter protection fluid on.

Thanks again.and for going to the trouble of posting 'A' the part number sportsawyer and 'B' the photos addict . Top tip lad's.

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

Mods to my '14 standard;

'Must haves':

- Bigger pegs

- Lower gearing. Makes 2nd gear a gem, whereas with 1st I spin it too easily.

- Replace stand as OEM stand is too up right and bike falls over when looked at.

- Home made strap across mudguard for picking up/loading bike places.

- Bigger pegs

'Useful to haves':

- Short levers - personal preference, lanyard kill switch, new bars

- VMar snail cams for more adjustment postions.

The new rear mudguards are more rigid than the '05 - '13 models, so they tend to tear through the mounting holes where the guard screws into the airbox. I've plastic welded the supports and the guard can still tear away. Last weekend I saw a different approach, cut an inverted "V" so that the guard actually comes away from the bike easier - and without tearing.

• Like 2