Icmtr Pre 65 Trials Rules

ttspud

this lot makes great reading and brings a smile to my face , the same arguments have been used over and over again during my short trials riding career, but as i have only been riding the things for 45 years what do i know,,this situation was happening in the seventies when deryk and the yorkshire lads decided that a simpler form was needed for the real trials riders on real trials bikes,it worked for 10 years we had a good set of proven sections in a well contested championship i enjoyed nearly every event and made some long lasting friends over the years where else could you ride the same sections that you read about and admired in the blue and green uns weekly as a spotty schoolboy, luckily for me a road racing accident left me with a badly damaged left leg so i had no choice but to either retire or take up the gentle art of s/car trials,the chairs won and suddenly i found a world of riders who were out to ride , not moan about rules, we made our own , if the section was reckoned to be dangerous we altered it to suit us, the spectators loved us the only folk who objected seemed to be some solo riders in shiny suits on shiny bikes i personally thought they could not understand,how we could enjoy riding so much and assumed we were not serious,how wrong they were..my solution is to get out and ride with what ever you can afford be it solo or s/car.enjoy yourself and you could try using the rule book as a door stop. there is a club out there who will welcome you with open arms ,if you want to ride get on with it. if you want to get into politics try another sport. will,,

Hmmm??? TTspud has invested considerable time, thought & effort into this initiative. I really do want to believe that his intentions are honourable & genuine but the mote responses I read the more concerned I become. By coincidence I have the same model of AJS, in relatively original trim and there are at least four pre 65 clubs, in the North, where I can enjoy it's traditional charms riding Clubman class. I'm never going to win any awards but then neither would I riding the Miller or Grant Ariels. History proves that reactionaries can never halt progress. Witness the Luddites. My approach is simply to enjoy riding what you have, whilst you can, deriving immense pleasure & satisfaction with kindred spirits of like mind. Ultimately the organising authorities, ACU, AMCA etc will determine the regulations & specifications & we all know how difficult they are to influence. In short, get out & enjoy the freedoms you still have. It may well not be available to us, indefinitely!

• Like 1

To anyone that that rides for fun, i occasionally ride clubman B in modern trials on my 1955 James Commando because i enjoy riding the old relic. It has the original forks, shocks, wheels, frame, Villiers 8E engine & Albion gearbox, etc. Problem is, it,s got a Domino twist grip & Yamaha exhaust, am I cheating?

To anyone that that rides for fun, i occasionally ride clubman B in modern trials on my 1955 James Commando because i enjoy riding the old relic. It has the original forks, shocks, wheels, frame, Villiers 8E engine and Albion gearbox, etc. Problem is, it,s got a Domino twist grip and Yamaha exhaust, am I cheating?

Most definitely  :chairfall: and what about that 21st century air in the tyres ? cheating is rife i tell you rife  :hyper: