Beta Rev 3 125 Changing Revs By Itself

itstommmm

when i start my bike with choke on it acts like its on full throttle, revs are really high instantly (i hold kill switch as soon as it gets high) and when i start without choke it idles ok but the revs are getting higher (not much) or lower (not much) without even touching throttle.

Edited by itstommmm

how do i check for air leaks?

To check you can use something like a contact cleaner (recommended as it's not as harsh), carb cleaner or engine starter fluid, spray this around the intake boot both airbox and carb side (one at a time) making sure you give it a good spray while the bike is running. Listen for a distinctive change in the sound in the engine RPM either up or down when you spray the cleaner around the boot. This is generally only good for large air leaks, yours sounds like it could be minor. I had the same issue and even with the above method couldn't resolve my issue. It was only until I took all the air intake kit off (airbox, tube, carb) that I found a pinch in the hose boot which was allowing the leaking air.

Is this a bike you just bought?

Is it your current bike and it's just started to do this?

Has it recently had any major servicing done to it?

To check you can use something like a contact cleaner (recommended as it's not as harsh), carb cleaner or engine starter fluid, spray this around the intake boot both airbox and carb side (one at a time) making sure you give it a good spray while the bike is running. Listen for a distinctive change in the sound in the engine RPM either up or down when you spray the cleaner around the boot. This is generally only good for large air leaks, yours sounds like it could be minor. I had the same issue and even with the above method couldn't resolve my issue. It was only until I took all the air intake kit off (airbox, tube, carb) that I found a pinch in the hose boot which was allowing the leaking air.

Is this a bike you just bought?

Is it your current bike and it's just started to do this?

Has it recently had any major servicing done to it?

i have had the bike for around a month, its had problems since about 2 days after getting it.