Amc Short Stroke Motor From Roadster Cases

drake

Why build one, buy one. Introduced in late '63 as road model, G80 & late '55 as comp model, G80 CS. Failing that get a 350 long stroke & build a 410 cc using short stroke piston. Described as "pulls & rev's".

Dick.

Can I suggest a slightly different route ? How about using an Ariel motor, with a barrel from Mick Dickenson,with a 350 crank you can get 505cc with an 87mm XT500 piston so 2mm oversquare.People also use 86mm XT350 pistons.

Or you could go all out and use the 87mm XT piston and keep the standard 95mm bore for about 565cc. Brand new heads are available too,any old Ariel crankcases will do,a Morgo oil pump and a few other bits and pieces.... I think an HS cam may need a bit of finding,but it would be a good motor.

I'm gradually amassing parts to build a 500 short stroke,its not a cheap process ! The only problem might be short big end life if you use the crowded roller 350 crank as some say they are a bit of a weak link, I suppose its possible to upgrade it, just depends how far you want to go with it.

Apologies for rambling on. :rolleyes: