Bikes Taken In Splatshop Break-In

Andy

On the 21st April at 11:30pm UK Trials dealer SplatShop were hit by a break-in.  5 people were involved with the burglary and came in 2 vehicles, please see the pictures below.

They have stolen:

2015 - Electric Motion 5.7 Competition - Orange: VF9TL0101CE968177

2015 - Oset 16.0 Eco: OSET16E4I082

2015 - Oset 16.0 Racing: OSET16R4I173

2015 - Oset 20.0 Racing: OSET20R4I131

48 Pairs of Jitsie Gloves, mixture of the Airtime and T2 Edge / Legend in various sizes.

If anyone knows of any information that may help, the crime reference is CR16661/15, the police can be contacted on 101.  Or please email sales@splatshop.co.uk.

As can be seen in the pictures below, the van they put the Electric Motion in was too small to fit the bike, so they had to leave the back doors open to drive away, if anyone saw this van driving with the back doors open in the Sheffield/Chesterfield area last night, it may help.

splatshop1.jpg

splatshop2.jpg

splatshop3.jpg

splatshop4.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe they could put a camera located to catch license plates.

Some cops in the US have 'bait cars' that are wired and watched. Maybe a program such as that would get into the ring of trials thieves.

There is some sort of black market or you wouldn't see the volume of theft. Sounds like they are shipped to east block countries or they would pop up, since yall are so restricted in your riding areas.

• Like 1

Guest tobeee

Maybe clubs should be asking for engine number/purchase date/purchased from and other info from their members, which would encourage buyers to make deeper checks prior to purchase, and make chancers less likely to want to own a stolen bike.