What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

Well the exhaust project looks like it is progressing nicely, would like to hear it, the tool for proper tightening is good also,

wish we could have seen what sort of insides you added to accommodate packing of perforated tube, but alas you have

done a VERY NICE weld job.

By the way , how long is the perforated tube?

Keep up the good work.

Larry

Hi Larry

The exhaust inside are STD tube that is shown it the other pics to the first bend shown in the pics then a perforated tube 30mm dia welding on the bend then welded onto the outlet pipe ,Then run a bead of weld around the out let pipe

then packing wrapped around and held in place by stainless steel lock wire using a lock wire pliers to tighten up neatly

then TIG welded the cover back on

• Like 1

Thank you for the response it should  be a nice sound for I don't know what bike it goes on?

This is what I worked on yesterday;   yet another 199 motor mount, however it was never straight from new :wall: !!

post-14329-0-73336300-1430594472_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-19192300-1430594531_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-33290300-1430594601_thumb.jpg

This really tends to bind things badly.

The difference of .011 is not the problem. If you will notice the 1st photo shows distance between the swing arm

bearings @ 2.437, the crooked mount is 2.348/2.337 & is not perpendicular to the bore, so when tightening the

bolt things tend to bind slightly. Cant have any of this happening or the bike don't work.

Will complete the work later and post results.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 2

Well I,m back on line for now. It hasn,t stayed logged in when I go to forums so I wasn,t able to post.It still isn,t working when I use my desktop,but did this time with my laptop butwouldn,t work on either yesterday????

Anyway,the motor mount Larry is working on is for my 199A.I will let him better explain what all was wrong with it, apparently from the factory.There may have been a little more clearance if you take into account of the frame pulling in when everything is tight.I had homemade shims that came out to about 0.125in. but it would still bind up when everything was pulled tight.

Good post from everyone!

Allrighty then , finished the repair  on Scotts' swing arm/ motor mount problem, don't have a clue as to where things went

wrong, The ends of the motor mount tube were visibly not square with the bore and did not take up the space between

the bearings causing a pretty bad bind (ridged perhaps) when tightened up.post-14329-0-38960400-1430663417_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-91439700-1430663536_thumb.jpg

Bondy, you can check for non-binding by adding a spacer so you can tighten your spindle up,  the motor mount and

the bearings should move freely together.

Larry

• Like 2