What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

Thanks Bondy,

Just put it all back together and wow what a better feeling, I know the purists will probably be having kittens but it feels so much more comfortable and balanced............... I like them.

Bondy & Noel,

The winged bashplate was on when I bought it, I've checked it and it doesn't have any names or markings on it, may be a home manufacture.

Either way it protects everything it needs to without looking nasty.

The only downside is that you have to drop it each time you need access to a casing.

Also put a new Mikuni carb on her yesterday after rejetting and wasting about £40 on new jets etc for the old Mk 11 Amal and getting nowhere.

It's made a huge difference to my bike, runs a lot cleaner and sharper, whilst I accept all bikes are different, wear rates etc, it's cured my fuelling issues.

Next time I take the bashplate off ill photograph it for all interested parties and put some measurements with it.

• Like 4

Just finished my first tank redo.. I think its actually a Pursang MK IV tank ..but basically same shape as a model 49..doesn't have the little wings in back... I bought it cheap to practice on before redoing my 27 tank..

And I think I'll use this one as a "rider" tank.. I lined it Caswells...used rattle can base coats and finish 1 fc710 auto clear coat... Came out pretty good..a little orange peel but not enough to worry about sanding and buffing... I'll save that for next one..here are some before and after shots.

.post-22470-0-37372400-1467062093_thumb.jpegpost-22470-0-90563800-1467062110_thumb.jpegpost-22470-0-24782900-1467062130_thumb.jpegpost-22470-0-26519800-1467062144_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

Good job with the tank Manndolins. I've also got mine finished this week although I didn't do the actual painting. I did however cut it in two at one point to get rid of the old petrol sealer so its nice to see it back on the bike. 

She had to come down some very steep stairs as well this week, so hopefully very soon I'll get a ride on her again.

http://ralphsbultaco.blogspot.co.uk

_RGP4755.JPGP6222360.jpg

Edited by trailie
  • Like 8

Bultacos get used for all sorts of off-road fun!  How about classic scrambling (now regularly featured in our digital magazine, if you are interested) where we see this action shot of Richard Pashley on his 1970 model at the Mortimer Classic meeting in September.

Comprehensive photoreport by Gary Dowshall in issues 47 and 48.(No watermarks in the mag!)

Enjoy 

post-19290-0-24376300-1476607316_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...