What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

At first I was a bit sceptical when a experienced twinshock friend advised me to put a higher handle bar on my Sherpa.

I thought that there wouldn't enough weight on the front at steep climbs, but after mounting some SW-Motech bar risers and spending a day test riding at Bilstain, my fear turned out to be unfounded, and I gained some comfort by a more upright riding position, wich is nice.

I also changed the tired old fork springs for some progressive ones from Magicals which really livened up the front.

post-15723-0-67196300-1439110459_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

It's all in the details, right?!?!?  Well, once again Larry (lbhbul) comes to the rescue and made this fantastic cap for my kicker.  Not only does it keep the rubber in place, it looks trick too! 

Too hot to ride, but never too hot out to admire this pretty Bultaco Sherpa!  THANKS, LARRY!!!

post-20184-0-28499900-1439423772_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Due to all my messing about with pipes and whatever  I needed to come up with an air box/carb hose

that would get around a M92 style frame re. down tube/straight intake manifold.

My good friend @ the auto parts store took the time to find this hose for me.

attachicon.gifPicture0725150942_1.jpg

after some cut and fit

attachicon.gifPicture0724151535_1.jpg

hose is Gates #20849

attachicon.gifPicture0724151420_1.jpg

Have a nice day

Larry

Awesome Larry! Thanks so much for posting!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is  the latest fixer upper to come through the door, just mostly cosmetic

as it was here a year ago .( Not running at the time)

Carb change for you know what I like; it had all new points & condenser,( ran terrible),

nice new remote auto condenser sorted it.

The top of the tank in front of the filler looks like an alligator!

post-14329-0-46028300-1440621765_thumb.jpg

To be continued

Have a nice day

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 6

Tried to start my new M151...got it started...heard lots of chatter from kickstart in neutral, put it it gear and still heard it.

Touched kickstart on top and chatter stopped.  Hard to ride trials with one hand on kickstart, so I'm investigating the cause.  So far nothing yet except for moving the kickstart forward...didn't work. Bummer.

Just to get this thread back on track.....................

Took  the frame of my Alpina M188 to be Powder Coated today. On phone said it would be two week turn around but when dropping off frame they said they are very busy and it would be nearer 4 weeks!  Never mind plenty of other tasks still to do.

I am planning on using this bike to ride 3 long distance Trials next year so must be finished by February/March next year.

Have to be honest this is not my main project on the go at the moment so 4 weeks is not a big issue. (main project originally built in Small Heath, Birmingham in 1935 but with four wheels not two)

Stuart

Edited by twinnshock
  • Like 1

My apologies for going off subject but scot taco made the mistake of asking. My previous reply where I referred to my other project was a bit cryptic. The project is a 1935 BSA series 1 Scout.  I have been told by more than 1 person that I must be mistaken as BSA did not make cars but when does fact get in the way of some peoples knowledge!

The Scout was developed from the 3 wheeler and has a 1075cc water cooled 4 cylinder side valve engine. 3 speed gearbox (+reverse) and is more interestingly front wheel drive. It was built in the Small Heath motorcycle factory. Picture attached as bought and another taken earlier this year. The body is now back on and I am currently working on the wings etc.

I promise next pictures will be of the Alpina M188 when I get the frame back. As this is planned for Long distance Trials use I think it is acceptable on this forum. First event will be the Braintree (Essex)  MCC Long distance.  I did not ride this event this year but the year before rode my M215 Frontera and it was a bit much for the event. Hoping the Alpina will be better suited. I am on the committee of the club so already getting told I must enter. Date not yet confirmed for 2016.

Stuart

post-547-0-41914700-1441231386_thumb.jpg

post-547-0-70760900-1441231405_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Sorry to sway things off track a bit.

Thanks for the pictures Stuart.That is a really cool car !! Having seen my brother do a couple of ground up car restos I know that it takes a lot of work and it is looking great so far.

Thanks again,  Scott

Very nice Stuart you will have to be sure to keep us abreast of your projects.

Today my buddy brought me a  m166 Alpina cylinder (std bore ) that we shall attempt to machine

to m199 dimensions as close as possible (Alp 64mm stroke). It looks like it will work.

The m125 project goes on, a new surprise today; the primary case is damaged and will leak, so clean

and sand and clean again, now some glass cloth and resin, should have that taken care of.

New shocks arrived and installed so now all we like is finishing up! Forgot to post this photo of a m159 style

glass tank and wonder if any can tell where it might have originated, please note filler.

Thanks

Have a nice day

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 2