What Did You Do To Your Bultaco Today?

scot taco

I have managed to get a little clutch work done and put on a few trick bits that Larry made for my tank and shock mounts.

With Larrys help I now have the clutch working pretty good.I did happen to notice that the 199a mag cover does flex out a wee bit when pulling the clutch lever.So seeing that and the fact that it,s a pretty rare piece over here I,ve decided to fit an old style cover.That way when I smash it I will not have ruined a really hard to find piece and the old style cover is stouter and does not flex.I had to cut down the kickstart boss and still have a wee bit of filing to do.post-17837-0-49704400-1432689920_thumb.jpgpost-17837-0-40932400-1432689958_thumb.jpgpost-17837-0-65614500-1432689994_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for that Larry. I'm still hanging around!

Trouble is, there's gardening and outside work to do now that we're moving into summer. Also had to replace the exhaust system on my Triumph Herald which became complicated as these things do on old vehicles.

Anyway, from what you say, I will have to line my tank in the same way as it is fibreglass. What product did you use?

Larry 2.

Larry 2, it is a product that Farriers use to repair split hooves when shoeing horses.

it also has many other applications IE tank repair ect.

I don't believe our source ships internationally however, there may be a similar product available to you.

This  is a 2 part epoxy that when mixed goes off in 3 minutes, and is the consistency of water so it gets in

every place, trade name Kwik Poly, you can read on the web.

Very thorough cleaning required, as with other products.

Larry

Packed the bikes and the camper and headed out to an Ahrma trial in Washington Georgia. Vintage trials, motocross, cross country, and flat track. Dave Aldana usually shows up to race flat track. He is always a joy to watch.

Good fun.

Tripppost-20122-0-46463000-1432916868_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well, I promised Larry (lbhbul) that would would take plenty of rebuilding progess photos...  But I got so excited about possibly getting this bike up and running again, I forgot until we made this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHOS9eTU-I

Probably needs some carb cleaning and a bit more love, but plenty of spark and easy to start!!!  Thanks to all for the help and support!!!

• Like 3

painted the frame the weekend ,and rear hub

Sadly I am rebuild my bike to sell as I have a old hobbies I want to get back into (mountain bike riding ) so my bully will be for sale soon ,

lots of time and money spent done to it the exhaust mod ,new seals, air filter  ,new rear falcon shocks still in the box ,new rear hub relined and stainless spokes , 

only down fall is rip in seat and one fork needs a re chrome, also come with new Barnett clutch and new steering head bearings  

so I will be up for sale in a week

post-7672-0-61700400-1433778955_thumb.jpg

post-7672-0-09761900-1433779022_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I,ve had trouble logging in so I haven,t been able to post for a while.I,m not too sure how I got it to work this time so while I,m here I will post a couple of pics.

I know it,s not a trials bike but it is a Bul and what I did was go race it a couple of weeks ago.I brought the Ossa along for a back up and to ride in practice just to get it out.

post-17837-0-55890200-1434755653_thumb.jpgpost-17837-0-81414300-1434755704_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hello folks, 94 degrees, 50+%humidity. Summer in Oklahoma after all the recent flooding

rains, now hot & humid.

Now this little fellow wanders into the shop today thinking why don't we do some maintenance;

fork seals, wheel bearings, timing check, and whatever else we might need done and to

get old folks off his butt.

More to follow as time allows.

Larry

post-14329-0-77242600-1435091304_thumb.jpg

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 5