Bultaco Front Dic Brake

bondy

Were did you get the cast iron from, I want a piece to do pursang drum.

I deal with loads of metal suppliers at work, not one can supply cast!

I have used differnt suppliers in the past and agree it is getting harder to obtain. last one I did I purchased the cast iron from "College engineering supply.

http://www.collegeengineering.co.uk

Stuart

Edited by twinnshock
  • Like 3

save money and buy the Barnett clutch from the states it cost me £35 inc p&p

and I didn't pay any duty on mine 2 mths ago if you use a seller that send them as std

just use 4 plates not the 5 they send and use you original springs as the Barnett one are to strong ,bath them for 24 hrs in ATF the fit a old steel plate then a fibre plate and so on ,And this will give you 2 finger clutch

hope this helps

• Like 3

Yes i have the same set up as smelling 1 finger also i didn't use the barnet springs as millerme says there to stiff.ignition case mod and longer clutch Arm good cable with clutch springs backed off all go to make it nice and light.  i do have the original plate new not sure if i will use them on next build or buy more barnet plates.

Edited by bondy
  • Like 2

Hello Scot yes they are good just use 4 not 5 and old springs if you have longer clutch Arm use it will make it lighter my clutch basket is made from alloy some are steel. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifIMG_2602.jpg

So as it was Sunday and In Motion were shut I thought I would simply swap them over putting the short steel operating arm on the front brake.... . But what surprised me is the front brake is now fantastic! Much shorter travel one or two finger operation and still enough leverage to lock up the front wheel if needed.

Maybe the short steel lever on the front brake didn't bend as much as the longer aluminium one.