What's The Deal With The Adjustable Compression Ring For Clutch?

bigmark1972

Is this for reducing / increasing clutch pull?

I've been having some issues with arm pump during long practice sessions 

would like to reduce the pull of my clutch a bit as my Ossa's pull is about 2x that of my Sherco.

I'm a novice rider and won't be doing any 4th gear splats for some time I imagine...

Anyone know anything about this? Seems like a new part.

2015-05-01_2257.png

Edited by bigmark1972

Clutch becomes heavier on these if the fibre clutch plates swell,which sometimes happens if ATF is used in the gearbox .You need to remove and measure the thickness of the clutch plate pack which should be 9.85 mm max .You can get thinner steel plates to achieve this Theres info on this on the GasGas forums

It appears this can be set in 3 different positions in order to set the finger height of the clutch pack for different lever ratio.

End result the same as adjusting the pack thickness.

cool idea

Clutch becomes heavier on these if the fibre clutch plates swell,which sometimes happens if ATF is used in the gearbox .You need to remove and measure the thickness of the clutch plate pack which should be 9.85 mm max .You can get thinner steel plates to achieve this Theres info on this on the GasGas forums

I've not used ATF but the clutch has definitely been dragging more lately despite adjusting

the MC to max stroke. Pull seems harder too than when I put it in at the start of the season.

I'm going to try one of these rings to see if it helps, will report back when I've ridden with it.

• 5 months later...