Montesa 315R Clutch Drag Fix?

renegade master

Hopefully not slipping. I've two clutches damage by using the wrong oil and had to replace the frictions.

I have a CR250R clutch pack in my 315R with dimpled steels and it is IMO a fantastic clutch, I've used the ELF HTX740 oil but switched to Valvoline Dextron VI ATF (synthetic) because the Elf is difficult to find and expensive in my area. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully not slipping. I've two clutches damage by using the wrong oil and had to replace the frictions.

I have a CR250R clutch pack in my 315R with dimpled steels and it is IMO a fantastic clutch, I've used the ELF HTX740 oil but switched to Valvoline Dextron VI ATF (synthetic) because the Elf is difficult to find and expensive in my area. 

I have a 2001 montesa 315r! so what year of cr250r clutch kit will fit it?

Cheers

A friend of mine helped me with my clutch concerns and we tried different oils, amount of fluid, and then he removed 2 clutch springs so instead of the 6 spring set up I am running 4 springs and my clutch is smooth as butter. Belray gear saver oil and factory specs for fluid amount.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update!  clutch was slipping and slipping badly, thats why there was alot of clutch drag, this montesa 315r was hard to tell or spot the clutch slipping (not like gas gas while trucking along you can hear and feel it slipping) the monty just reved up a bit but it took someone watching the back wheel to see if it spun out but it didnt,

so went online and bought a clutch kit with the steel dimpled plates as well, and fited it in no time, put some dex III in and its working awsome! apart from a small friction noise when you first pull in the clutch (hopfully because its new!) and hoping that might go away after a bit of use!

post-19212-0-64158900-1433529306_thumb.jpg

post-19212-0-64606700-1433529253_thumb.jpg

found out that is the 87-89 CR250/500 clutch that fits

post-19212-0-44018500-1433529190_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...