Ssdt 2015 Chat

johnnyboxer

Their is no problem with the live results page. It is only as good as the information it is provided and updates to that have not been forthcoming from the results centre since mid-afternoon. There are issues around time today so it is likely things have been put on hold until those issues are resolved.

• Like 1

Dabill at the front might have been better off depending how far he got before the rain started.

According to the SSDT web site daily results for yesterday, he dropped 34 for the day while Sam Haslam dropped 2! 

What time did the last guys finish? The back markers were still out before Witches Burn when I last looked on the tracker at 10:30 last night!

Christ !!!. Im a bit taken aback by the results.

The top riders are all over the place. It looks like it was the time penalities rather than the sections.

Poor old Dabill.....id have thought his hopes for a win are over....but you never know

What happened to him ?. Just taking his time or problems ?

• Like 1

I think James got caught out by one of the swing bridges. If you get there when it's starting to open its a long wait. Really needs a time control marshal on the bridges but not practical as they only open occasionally. I had to wait for two of them one year.

Also time was too tight for the mileage involved and when it's bad weather then it turns into an enduro.

When I used to ride in the ssdt (Hamilton Yamaha days) some of the older club members would work how much time we had to get to the different section groups which we then made a mini time card which we taped to the petrol tank on the bike.

This was very usefull as you could see mid way around if you were running late/early.

They had an average speed for road work and a slower speed for forest tracks and much slower for moorland crossing and usually 3mins per section to walk it and then ride it. 

One year they found that the next days route was much too tight for time, they all recalculated and still got the same results so went to the ssdt office with there findings and the next morning all riders were given an extra bit of time for the day.       Stephen.

• Like 2

I think James got caught out by one of the swing bridges. If you get there when it's starting to open its a long wait.

Seems harsh to lose a valuable chunk of time for something totally outwith your own control.  If that is the case then maybes the club will look into it and factor in an allowance, given that a lot of the entry lost quite a bit of time.  Some of the clubmen were outwith the 60mins allowance so will now be riding for no award, that's got to be a downer so early in the week.

I know when I was an offical at the SSDT therwas a time delay control at the swing brige at Banavai Only seen it used once for the last few riders

It was a long boring day as you were out before the first rider in the morning and last man at night As for the time the CoC may alter the time

It looks like Doug has thrown down the gauntlet today, with results still to come in from 3 sections, he has gone clean for the day (unless he dropped any on those last 3)

Some great video of him, on FB on a very tough section