Ssdt 2015 Chat

johnnyboxer

Seems harsh to lose a valuable chunk of time for something totally outwith your own control.  If that is the case then maybes the club will look into it and factor in an allowance, given that a lot of the entry lost quite a bit of time.  Some of the clubmen were outwith the 60mins allowance so will now be riding for no award, that's got to be a downer so early in the week.

SSDT  is a time and observation trial, those who made it on time showed it could be done and should not be penalized for doing so.

Tue is renowned for being tough and tight on time, I knew it the times I rode and so do the top riders. 

• Like 4

Seems harsh to lose a valuable chunk of time for something totally outwith your own control.  If that is the case then maybes the club will look into it and factor in an allowance.

They already do.....ideally they'd put officials on every swing bridge on the route so that it could be given proper delay rather than having to factor in a what-if figure, but there are so few volunteers these days it's a struggle to man the sections and the garage, never mind the other niceties.

If any of you fancy standing out at a swing bridge in the middle of nowhere for nine hours on the off-chance that it might be opened when there are riders approaching, please just let the club know - I know they'd be delighted to have you on board!  :)

• Like 4

He he, fair comments Mairi and Ishy, didn't think about the fact that those potential delays were already factored in.

Tough day then for some top names, must have been fun for the clubmen trying to hurry across Clunes moor to limit their losses.

Throws the trial wide open now.

Craig

• Like 1

Looking at the rolling scores on the SSDT web site, it looks like Dougie Lampkin has had another cracking day!

Anybody out there got any news for us poor old web followers who couldn't get time off work?

Here is a question that can only be asked by somebody who is VERY bored on a Friday afternoon.

How can the results that are scrolling on the SSDT web site give a score of 24 marks lost when only 5 sections have been entered so far? There is also a score of 28 showing for one rider. I thought the time penalties etc. were only added at the end of the day. so surely the max score is 25 (5 x Fives) or then 23 (4 x Fives + 1 x Three).

I know that by the final scores tonight it will be sorted out. But I said I was bored and just noticed it.

Edited by kmac