Ssdt 2015 Chat

johnnyboxer

How can the results that are scrolling on the SSDT web site give a score of 24 marks lost when only 5 sections have been entered so far?

Two options here - firstly as has been mentioned, any starting penalties in the morning are added on as soon as the garage book comes into the office from the starting crew.  That's normally about an hour after the last man is away, maybe half-one in the afternoon.  They're in Section 32 of the results.

Secondly, their time penalties are added on as soon as their route cards is back in the office.  If the first riders are back around two, their route cards start filtering up to the office within half an hour or so.  They get checked and keyed straight pretty much straight away as there are a constant stream coming through, so time penalties for riders can be added on within an hour or so of them getting back to the Parc Ferme.  They're in Section 31 of the results.

• Like 1

Do you think Doug might be extra motivated having lost 8 on time.

Apparently his first ever SSDT time penalties.

judging by his comments after, and then two clean days, I'd guess he was p****d right off!  but sometimes that can motivate you to prove a point and he is!!  This will be a huge feather in the cap for Vertigo, and all the videos I have seen the bike looks and sounds fantastic

Thank God for TC well done Andy looking on from California but somehow wish I was there, my lad doing the refuelling both on the ground and in the hotel on an evening.

Not only looking at the leaderboard but tight in the newcomer, over 40 class, two Army riders separated by a mark and of course Mini Mucker who is nearly 7 feet high on his 125 scooter!!

One more day all to play for?

See no.278, long time Spanish rider Carlos Casas looks like he's out.  Not sure he's not finished before in 25-odd years.

Gutted for him as he has been such a great rider and supporter of the trial over the years.

• Like 1

Its amazing really given the light weight of the bike, fuel injection, electric water pump, non points ignition etc that the vertigo even got out of the car park.

Great result.

Anyone heard from dadof2 or copemech ?

• Like 7

Its amazing really given the light weight of the bike, fuel injection, electric water pump, non points ignition etc that the vertigo even got out of the car park.

Great result.

Anyone heard from dadof2 or copemech ?

Brilliant! I would expect a Telex or fax from either of them shortly!

• Like 1