bst_parts

Montesa 315 Billet Clutch Covers

Hello all

I want a billet clutch cover for my 315R. Does anyone know where I can get one? Originals seem fragile and anyway are also obsolete.

If none are available I'm thinking of making a small batch myself if anyone is interested? I can reverse engineer an original mag one and strengthen accordingly. I'm sure they will be more durable. They'll probably be under a hundred quid I would expect.

Thanks

Hi

I'd be interested in a billet clutch if you make a batch.

Cheers

Guy

Is there any advantage of creating a slightly higher oil capacity by extending the depth of the cover? The down side is making the cover sit wider thereby more susceptible to damage on rocks etc? ??

My tuppence I'd leave as is as I dont think there are problems in that area.

Wouldnt wont a nice bit of bling getting roughed up on rocks up either!

This idea hasn't happened, for a few reasons, but the main thing is there's currently not enough demand which seems a shame. The original covers seem fragile and easily damaged.

Honda, plus several UK and European franchised parts suppliers are currently out of stock on these - particularly the stator (LHS) magnesium cover.

If you do manufacture anything, let us know. I'm after one for each side (clutch and stator).