2016 Cota Rr

jj65

Just thought I'd start a separate thread about the soon to be shown Cota RR.

Is this going to be The New bike everyone has been waiting for? Or a special limited edition 4rt. Normally something with RR tagged to the name, is pretty trick, so maybe a very limited special bike for top riders to ride in national and world rounds.

Don't get your hopes up too high, the previous "Repsols" were also named Race Replica.

That said I'm also curious why they made this video, I guess we'll have to wait and see....

It does say at the end of the video, "New Model". As they have already shown the 2016 Cota 260 and the Repsol Rep 260, one could presume it's either a "Special", or it's a completely new bike. Hopefully it's a completely new bike. ;-)

My guess is the home market in Spain has seen enough of an upturn for the swansong 4rt race replica to be produced. This will be a bigger motor maybe with crankcase changes to allow a full 300cc and mapable switching like works bikes.

Expect to pay close to 10k.

Not to change the subject But , Honda seems to be playing hardball with their "race replica " bikes these days ... Have you guys seen the new superbike they are releasing ??? gonna be about 184k here in the states with only about 115 hp , but you folks across the pond may see alot more . !!!!  The word rocket-ship comes to mind .... Full tilt street legal GP bike . I don't think my heart could take it ...

Glenn 

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-honda-confirms-rc213v-s-20150611-story.html?ref=yfp

Edited by axulsuv

• 2 weeks later...

It looks awesome!

I got tired of waiting a few years for a serious upgrade so I bought my 2015 Repsol in January.

And what do you know, 6 months later they bring out this 300RR... Ow Bugger!   :stupid:
Edited by guys