Buying A Sherco

revbeta

Hi

I'm looking at buying a 2015 sherco 300, I have a 300 gasgas racing at the moment, just wanted to know what people think of the reliability (good & bad) of the sherco & how it compares riding wise to the gasgas......I love my gasgas but it's time to upgrade & with the financial issues with gasgas it may be time to jump ship.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi

I'm looking at buying a 2015 sherco 300, I have a 300 gasgas racing at the moment, just wanted to know what people think of the reliability (good and bad) of the sherco and how it compares riding wise to the gasgas......I love my gasgas but it's time to upgrade and with the financial issues with gasgas it may be time to jump ship.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi mate, I've just done the same move, I find the sherco a pain to work on but easier to ride with Loads of grip. The rear shock on the sherco is awful though I had to put a ohlins on strait away.

Out of curiosity, what year is your bike and what didn't you like about the rear shock?

Just bought a Sherco Factory 300 after 2 gassers, spent an afternoon testing the bike and found it rides quite similar, possibly lighter front end and good grip. Factory has Ohlins so no comment on standard but I know some top riders in the North West centre who have no problems on std bike.

Cheers lads, I spoke to a lad today who is also a top rider & had a standard 2014 sherco but never had any problems with the std suspension......obviously it's a bit worrying changing manufacturers, especially when I like the way the gasgas rides & the reiger shock does work well so maybe that's why it could be noticeable jumping on another make.

• Like 1

I spent a good day testing a 300 sherco against a 300 gas gas racing, both 2015 models. I found the gas gas nicer to ride, preffered the power and the rear suspension. The sherco power felt snappy low down and a bit flat top end in comparison, but the front suspension was definitely better than the gas gas and it did steer nicer. The sherco also felt a little lighter, but I felt the riding position to be too high. Perhaps lower foot pegs would sort that.

Over all in general I think the gas gas is a slightly better bike. I ended up buying a 2014, 300 factory gas gas because it has the tech front forks and a top quality reiger shock. It is probably the best bike I have had so far.

Cheers dav cc, I normally change my bike every 2 years so I think I may just buy a 2015 gasgas & worry about it in 2 years time...the big problem is there is no choice of bikes at the moment with the manufacturers having their issues, unfortunately I don't like the riding position of the beta so that's a definite no no.