Very Slow Puncture

badass76

I have a 2003 250 TXT, the rear tyre deflates over a period of time is it worth reparing if posible or should i live with it? as i dont know if it has a tube fitted sad.gif

No-one has mentioned checking the valve core or valve body for leaks.

How slow is very slow - does the tyre stay up during a trial but go flat when sitting in the shed during the week?

If this is the case why wory about it, 5 minutes with a footpump on the morning of a trial and you are sorted - just a thought!

Find the source of the leak and fix it when you either turn the tyre or fit a new one.

Edited by g4321

I do not mean to insult but guessing from your post, you may not be overly experienced with this. So, maybe start back a bit further. You should have a tubeless tire in the back, look at the valve stem, is it bolted in? Look at www.rypusa.com for the tech manuals and look at the pictures of changing a rear tire, does your stem look like that?

What I do too find leaks on tires, whether it is a mower, trailer, truck or bike, is I have a spray bottle that has soap and water mixture in it. I think you guys call it Fairy liguid, we would call it Dawn, or Joy. The soap that is used to wash your dishes in the sink. Anyway, a good squirt of that in about a one quart or liter spray bottle and spray it all over your rear wheel wherever it could possibly leak, valve stem, bead area, spokes, tread, sidewalls. Pay particular attention to any area's that may have been repaired in the past (dog turds) Let this solution sit for a while and it will blow little bubbles and make a little white "cloud" where your leak is.

Then, depending upon what is leaking, and if you are tubed or tubeless will determine your next course of action.

Gas Gas are notorious for air to leek through the spokes as perce said. Tighten your spokes up, or their is a strong possibility that 1 may have snapped.

some people put tubes in tubeless tyres, and if you pump it up, it can be quite obvious if your not sure because it rounds off the profile. other than that check for flat spots in the rim etc that could disturb the bead.

Because I am just dying too know, and I have already been told I am incapable, just how does tightening up your spokes cause them too stop leaking.....?????

Have you guys passing on this worldly advise actually done any of these?

Or is this just a case of, my mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts?

Why are gas gas notorious for leaking spokes? they use the same rims as betas,shercos, and scorpas

Btw why dont all the other bike makes use the same rim as the montesa's? as there miles better in the wasy that they dont need rim tapes and you can change a spoke without pulling the tyre off :rolleyes:

Why are gas gas notorious for leaking spokes? they use the same rims as betas,shercos, and scorpas

Btw why dont all the other bike makes use the same rim as the montesa's? as there miles better in the wasy that they dont need rim tapes and you can change a spoke without pulling the tyre off :rolleyes:

Cost and the fact that the spokes are not as easy/fast to build, and they probably want to be different.