Hi All Potential Newbie Here

nyawton

The West Leeds club use Post Hill and the web address is http://www.wlmc.fsnet.co.uk/. The event on Saturday is a club trial. If you feel adventurous there is a centre "Novice" trial at Greenhow on Sunday. Look in Trials and Motocross news for times and venues.

You are right in the middle of a large number of clubs. Sites below. Remember you will need a ACU Licence (cost

Edited by Telecat

Nowt much on telly tonight then Telecat? :rolleyes:

All rock solid advice. Get yourself(ves) along to a club trial, and have a watch. And ask a few questions - don't be afraid. Most of the riders, observers and spectators will be only too glad to help.

If you come along and have a look, you'll see what sort of sections you might be up against, how the observing works and how the events are run. Other alternative is to get your ACU membership, pitch up at trial, pay the membership and the entry fee and give it a whirl. Steep learning curve, but you'll know for next time!!!

Whateve you decide, just get yourselves on here regularly and ask the questions.

Cheers (and see you at a trial soon - I'll be the one face down in the mud!)

Chris Mo.

Edited by Kinky Boots

Suuuussshhhh it was quiet at work til 4 calls came in at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously Kinky let your mate go first next time, letting you find out the mud was that slippy wasn't on though I did warn you!! And I'm not going to say anything about being beaten by a 13-year old(Where's that ducking quickly smilie when you need it!!). And good luck with the little un when He/She arrives. :rolleyes:

One thing I did forget. Don't forget to thank the observers when you are on the last lap. We are out there in the same weather trying to keep the scores dry and we like being appreciated.

Edited by Telecat

I was in the same position a few years ago. Not sure if I should spend the money on something I'd never tried before. I took the plunge and bought an old Yamaha TY250. They are excellent starter bikes, easy to maintain, cheap for spares and fairly cheap to buy.

Once you improve you can trade up to a more modern bike. Trust me, you can have as much fun on the older bikes as one of the modern trials bikes.

If you find you don't like the sport you can sell the bike for around the same money you bought it for in the first place.

Seriously Kinky let your mate go first next time, letting you find out the mud was that slippy wasn't on though I did warn you!! And I'm not going to say anything about being beaten by a 13-year old(Where's that ducking quickly smilie when you need it!!).

I hate being the guinea pig...I invariably naff it up!! I much prefer to learn from someone else's mistakes. I'd follow your young 'un around, but he doesn't make many mistakes...!!!

And good luck with the little un when He/She arrives. :lol:

Cheers pal...I'm thinking about setting up a section made out of second-hand nappies - might get some practise in those slippy & muddy conditions... :lol:

One thing I did forget. Don't forget to thank the observers when you are on the last lap. We are out there in the same weather trying to keep the scores dry and we like being appreciated.

A very good point, and one that has been made a few times on here. The observers give up their time to stand and watch us make fools of ourselves in all weathers...Mrs Boots is (or rather 'used to be') a regular observer, and one thing that rattled her cage was people not having the decency to say thanks. Treat the observers right and they'll look after you when those border-line decisions need to be made :lol: