Rtx

trialsrfun

Hi there, Having been interested in the RTX212 for a while I eventualy have gone and bought one, I've not seen it yet, but I've bought it as a non-runner. I would appreciate any information on these bikes, and possibly somewhere I can get spares.

Does anyone know if they are points ignition, or C.D.I.

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Thanks Nigel, much appreciated, I've found an address and telephone number for them,

Cotswold Motorcycles

Unit 9 Beaumont Business Centre

Beaumont Close

Beaumont Rd Ind Est

Banbury

Oxon

OX16 1TN

Tel: 01295 276286

so I'll give them a try, when I locate the fault.

(I've not found a website yet for them).

If I have no luck with spare parts, I'll do as "PETEDAD" did, and fit a Honda cg125 engine, I like that idea, so if you read this "PETEDAD" would you consider letting me in on any secrets in doing the transplant, any hints you may have, and a picture or two would be great, I would love to see how it look's. Thanks in advance. (And I too will have a RTX212 engine for sale.)

If anyone else has any further information on the RTX212, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nick.

The Cotswold Majesty which is fitted with a Chinese made Honda copy engine is nothing like an RTX which as R2W says is a bit lacking in all areas.

Jon Bliss who builds the Cotswold bike was riding last Sunday at the Hyland trial where I rode and his bike appeared to go very well indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks for your information "r2wtrials".

Looks like I'm Going to be busy this winter, turning the RTX into a Lampkin beating machine. :-)

For a moment you nearly described ME - "terrible, heavy, tall, no power and crap brakes" :-)

My shopping list is growing, FAST:-

Honda 125 engine,

Carb, Ign' etc,

Disc brake front end,

The good thing is when you see me performing like a trials god, you will know it's all rider skill, not the machine. Only kidding, but at least I can blame the bike every time I fall off, usually every ten minute's.

Seriously,

thank's for all the info' so far, keep it coming, every bit is useful to me.

I'm starting to see why there is hardly any info' on the web now.

No point in contacting John Bliss then if he does not build them !

I found this little snippet whilst trying to find some info' -

"RTX Motorcycles - Designed and developed in England as a leisure bike, the RTX has quickly acquired a loyal following as a low cost, reliable, fun motorcycle. While best known for their Trials bikes, RTX also produces models for Enduro and Moto-Cross in both a 125cc and 212cc."

So....................they are British.

And I guess this was written a few years ago.

I would love to know if the frame is british !!!

Please, maybe someone know's of a person who has worked on these bikes, someone who has saved manuals, or service data, specifications.................

Thanks,

Nick.

Don't know what that is that you found but they are definitely not British - they are Russian. Can't remember who imported them but Jon Bliss did develop them and rode them for a few years before he got involved in developing his own Cotswold ER followed by the 4-stroke Majesty.

As standard they weren't very good as has already been mentioned, but like anything they can be made to go well enough if enough time and money is spent. Depends on how far you want to go. Jon Bliss could give you a few pointers, may even have spares or know who would.

Just found some more info' suggesting it may be British !

Now I'm really confused !

"They were designed and assembled in Britain, from parts manufacturedin Belarus, Taiwan, Japan, U.K., Germany, India, and Latvia. They made both twinshock and mono/disc brake bikes."

"They are definitely British but never seem to have caught on."

"I found a website the other day for RTX, it was an american importer of

these British bikes, never heard of them before."

Still need more info' If anyone know's anything.

Nick.

• 8 months later...

Hi I think I can shed some light on the RTX issue for ya. The Bike was brought into the US by a english guy named terry lucas. He vanished from site and I think went to spain. I had the misfortune to buy some when I opened my first shop. They have engines made by MINSK in russia or belaruse.The 212 had a whopping 16.9 hp. It was a fun bike,and had good balance for what it was. As far as parts for the 212????good luck. The 125s you can contact joe at cosmopolaton motors in the us. They sold all their minsk parts to a guy somewhere back there. the 125 cau use a early yamaha mx 100 piston. Wish I could help you more

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Saw this old thread.... the RTX was assembled in the UK, I believe out Hull way, (memory fade!). They were produced by a father and son team called Neville and Alan, hence the company name of NEVAL.

I bought one around 1998 for my eldest daughter as a toy and a friend of mine used it in a twinshock trial for a laugh. His verdict at the time was it was fairly good but 'lacked steam' on climbs.

• 4 years later...
On 22.09.2005 at 00:18, knobbyrtx212 said:

Привет! Заинтересовавшись RTX212 какое-то время, я, в конце концов, пошел и купил его, я его еще не видел, но я купил его, не участвуя в гонках. Я был бы признателен за любую информацию об этих велосипедах, и, возможно, где-нибудь я могу найти запчасти.

Кто-нибудь знает, это точки зажигания, или CDI

Заранее спасибо.

Ник.

Привет. Имею RTX  зажигание можно поставить от скутера  маховичное. 

ZkDpP8Oj1JA.jpg