Differences In Footrest Hangers 4Rt

cubbon77

Hi,

My bike is MY 05 4RT

Are there different hangers for different years of 4rt's?

I bought some S3 hardrock pegs yesterday at a trials shop in Yorkshire, they said they would fit. It snot looking like they do.

The hangers are already bent so if I bought later model hangers will the new pegs fit?

Thanks

Part number for a 2005 bike:

50600-NN4-000

50700-NN4-000

Part number for a 2014 bike:

50600-NN4-D00

50700-NN4-D00

The D in the last three digits donates a modification, I don't know what's different, could be colour or shape. Why don't they fit? If it's because the foot rest are tilting up (not flat) that's normal for S3.

post-14348-0-85955100-1435591671_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've had the same problem. I had to file a bit of the back of the footrest were they touch the hanger. 

It's also possible that the corners of the back of the footrest, touch the inside corners of the hangers. Here you can file a bit of the corners of the hangers.

Same. I filed my S3 Hardrocks until they sat flat. 10 minute job with a hand file. The peg first touches an inner corner of the hanger (rather than being stopped by the back of the hanger) so very little metal needs to be filed down from the peg before the it sits more horizontal.

I have dodgy knees and find the flatter peg attitude is easier on my legs and makes it easier for me to turn my feet on the pegs.

Edited by ross brown

I had the same with S3 alloys and returned them

I now have Apico alloy ones fitted & they are flat

After spending £70+ on the S3 alloys, i didn't want the faff of filing them - to be fair to S3 they do state the pegs have a 15 degree tilt and Bou likes it that way

I now have Apico alloy ones fitted and they are flat

Funny you say that.  I rode a Beta with Apico pegs and immediately felt more comfortable in the slowest and tightest of turns ie. if the soles of your feet can't move freely then the knee takes up all the twisting. I got back home looked at my upward angled S3s and though "Ah Ha". Time for the file

• Like 1

early hangers were silver, later black but think dimensionally the same. just a point of note. if your footrests are flat when bike is standing straight as soon as you lean in to a corner etc one foot rest will now be angled down encouraging your foot to slip off (mine don't normally need much encouraging). I find best to have footrests slightly angled up to eliminate this.          

• Like 1

early just a point of note. if your footrests are flat when bike is standing straight as soon as you lean in to a corner etc one foot rest will now be angled down encouraging your foot to slip off (mine don't normally need much encouraging). I find best to have footrests slightly angled up to eliminate this.

If your feet slide off a S3 Hardrock peg, with those "savage shin shredding little allen key dowels", these no helping you. ;-)

• Like 1