New Sherco Owner, 70:1? Really

automagp68

My 250 is stock with the factory jets, 122 main and 33 pilot, I tweaked the air screw maybe 1/4 and it runs great. I'm at about 1,000 feet MSL. My '15 spools up quick and my wife's '13 spools up a little slower because it has a flywheel weight. You might check and see if your bike has one, look for an extra spacer on the ignition side cover.

I did think of that actually.

No fly wheel weight though. I know the spacer ur talking about

Mine does not have one

i dunno, maybe its normal. Ive never ridden any other trials bike except mine so maybe its perfectly normal

52 seems a bit big for the pilot in a keihin as fitted to the Cabestany or does yours have a dellorto VHST?

I'll check what is fitted to the Oko on my Jarvis rep, pretty sure it's more like 42-45 which is what splatshop recommend in the keihins they supply

33 pilot is what is run in round slide dellortos, most end up around 35-36 which allows the fuel screw to be further out giving more adjustment. I'll check where my flatslide has the airscrew set as well

It i th Kehin carb on this bike

52 sound crazy to me also

Im not sure why my local sherco said that is what to run but its throttle response is definatly crap. 

The other thing i noticed is the air screw is 3-4 turns out now with that giant pilot. 

I was also told if it takes that much air screw then the pilot is wrong

Definitely have a 45 pilot fitted, airscrew is at around 1.5 turns out, main 115. Throttle response is very smooth & as quick as you could want

Edited by tony27

what year model bike? i've herd some guys changing the slide and jets as well. 80 - 1 works for me with stock jetting, could be a little cleaner off bottom. not sure if i'm going to mess with it mine is a 2013

Dellorto jetting is different at 36/120 range. On the Kiehin, standard sea level jetting will be more in the 45/125 range.

Riding at that altitude you will likely need to go to 48-50 range on the pilot and 52 is not out of the question but it does sound as if your airscrew is out a bit much.

Trials bikes simply do not rev like an endure bike. The have about ten times more flywheel mass that stores energy. Totally different power management since you can rev and then coast over things never loosing traction. Wheelspin does not occur with throttle shut!

You are learning!