The Gerry Holdstock Eurocup

wallo

Hi all, hope to see some of you over the weekend riding around Cowcombe Woods near Stroud, I'll be there on the BSA.

I've entered the Clubman route firstly because you can't change routes and secondly you can never predict how hard the Expert route will be especially in a Golden Valley Classic trial.

After saying that I bet I backed the wrong horse :-(

Maybe catch up for a beer after the trial?

Will See you there Ken im sure your have your banter ready for the weekend.

Its the only reason we let him do it Ben - that and it makes sure he's not causing trouble elsewhere...

Looking forward to it,going to dust the bike off this afternoon and top it up with fuel. #toppreparation

unfortunately in not into indie maybe a bit before my time.

its going to be a very interesting weekend as I've never ridden the bike before but very much looking forward to it.

defiantly going to feel like a novice.

unfortunately in not into indie maybe a bit before my time.

its going to be a very interesting weekend as I've never ridden the bike before but very much looking forward to it.

defiantly going to feel like a novice.

You do realise its compulsory to drink at least a bottle of red or 5 pints of scrumpy the night before a ride on a rigid... And listen to a couple of RL Burnside CD's too. :thumbup:

I'm on me second bottle already,wine cos I couldn't find enough cider in the cupboard.

• Like 2

Hi Guy's.

Hi Jon.

Just brought home 5 pints of home pressed cider that we did in the rain last October, 700 Ltr's all together . 10 +%.

So you may not here from me for a while, or know what I am on about? nothing New there then?

Light up the Barbie.

Charlieeee.

Hi,

In the early Golden Valley trials there used to be a tradition that friendly locals like Jon Bliss, John Husband and Tony Davies used to circulate the Start area with glasses of free 'pop' for any visiting likely winners.

It was an inexpensive 'pop' made by home processes - called 'scrumpy'..............

Somehow the well-treated visitors found that the usual coordinated link between the way they pointed the handlebars and the way the bike went grew ever more variable as they drank in more and more of the local fresh air...

All part of the sporting heritage.........

That doesn't susprise me Deryk, of the three Jon Bliss was present at this years event.Despite me doing my level best to empty the European wine lake on Friday and Saturday night I still managed to wobble round well enough to upset the Dursley Dabber on Gerry's old Matchy.

• Like 2