1996 Beta Techno 250 Issues

colmills

hi I going to look at a 1996 Beta Techno 250 tomorow morning. As my starter bike.

Just wondering what to look out for on these bikes. any advice much appreciated ?

Also what kinda price is a good price, bike looks in good condition from the pictures I have seen.

Thanks in advance.

Col.

These are good solid bikes with not many problems to speak of. Main thing is look to see if it has been maintained well as any other make and model of trials bike. Check shock and suspension for smooth operation. Check wheel bearings and the expensive shock linkage bearings . The only specific problems on the Techno are --- rear brake does it work?? as they are a pig to bleed----  Is the fan working when warmed up as this could be the fan switch or regulator/rectifier---- check the gearbox oil for milkiness as this will need a bearing and / or impeller change if so, although this is a cheap fix. Price £300 for an early one in poor condition----- £600 - £700  for a used but good runner  or £1000 for a very nice one that needs nothing doing. Condition and  evidence of good maintenance is everything 

Edited by rgvlc

• 3 weeks later...