Beta Rev /evo 200 Why So Expensive Compared To A 250. Sh

english electric

well I will hopefully be moving up to a beta 200 xmas new year time [as this tends to be the best time to buy ] I have a gas gas txt pro 125 pro had it nearly a year and intend keeping it as my wife purchased it for me after my heart surgery . I wont go above the engine size I have thought about a 250 but having ridden a 200 I doubt you could or to be honest can you get a 250 to replicate its mild manner my 125 is aggressive on the throttle compared to a beta 200 . but the million dollar question why are they so expensive compared to there bigger engine brothers or maybe I am answering my own question. even a spares or repair is a grand.mind you after after a couple of hours of riding not only did it behave brilliantly it was like riding on a diesel engine bike without any worry I was not in control going to flip it hurt myself damage the bike etc or worried about stalling it.

beta rev 200 it has to be my next bike without a doubt and last they are that good .

Edited by english electric
  • Like 1

I have plans to keep it or hand it down as I do have an emotional attachement to it . to be honest I wish I hadn't been on the bloody thing now I agree in regards to whats ben posted in reply I can only go off my experience I find I will have to throttle to hard on a 125 and have misjudged it it once or twice going up to the  the peak of an hill not a pleasant experience for a lifelong warfarin user due to bruising a 250 I know would be or would make more hesitant to throttle up just as bad were as when I used the 200 it was like an example was the bike if I was on a climb the throttle response was a say a couple of clicks and and carried on climbing even if I was slightly heavy handed it didn't try to throw me off or rear up the front wheel . like has been said the price is down to there scaracity but also to them them a bloody good bike as well. 

one last question can you replicate the characterristics of a 200 beta and replicate onto another bike dumb down a montesa 315r or beta rev250 to be like a 200 .

or am I better off just being patient and biding my time [i think so ]

Edited by english electric

The 250 evo isn't aggressive in the hill climb scenario you mentioned.

The only times mine has caught me out is when I've had to be aggressive on the throttle, basically when riding above my ability.

It's worth trying one of you haven't already.

Hard to say if you should wait as I never found a 200 to try. The only trials bikes I've ridden are my old GG 321, a recent GG250 and 3x evo 250. The evo's being overall the least aggressive, 321 was very tame a gear or two higher riding on low down grunt, but the extra ccs were obvious if you opened it up.

Hi Jimmy you can get a S3 head insert that lowers the compression on the 250, or try thicker base gasket, slow throttle tube black? I don't know how effective the head insets are or base gasket maybe someone else can answer that. You could also make a cheeky bid on the 200 EVO I rode At I.P good luck.

I respect the guys ang girls at IPT than to do any thing like put cheeky bids in on there bikes anything like that is not my style same as selling the bike or trading in my gassa. my conscious wouldn't allow me to do anything like that. as to be brutally honest if my wife had not purchased me the bike and if the the guys and girls at IPT hadn't shown encouragement patients training me in the first place etc I wouldn't be posting this in the first place.

anyways I will wait till Christmas new year and see whats available then beta 200 wise.

Hi Jimmy I was not suggesting you put a crazy low bid in to upset the guys and girls at I P T, they sell bikes and may want to sell the 200 for a reasonable price, if you don't ask you don't get, you know what is a good price, or look more at head inserts etc on the more popular 250 etc. Just a thought but have you tried riding the more popular 250 Evo as it may not be as crazy as you think?

• 4 weeks later...

The Beta 200, IMHO , is the best bike on the British market for an "Ordinary " rider, in my case I am on the way back down (read well over the hill), it is a soft grippy motor, and lots of people would ride better on one. Most people who do buy them are cubmen or over 50s, so tend to be easier on the bike, and maintain them well, this affects the second hand price, as not many "dog's" bring the price down.

Be patient, you won't regret it, I am 18st, and the littlun never runs out of puff.....