Honda Rtl Silencer.

joelewis

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Joe

I'me a newcomer to the forum, and came here exactely trying to find a replacement muffler for the RTL. Are you accepting orders for it ? Do you already know the final price ? Thank you and congratulations for this top job !

• Like 1

So all exhausts are finished. I'm awaiting two samples back, once there back and confirmed they will be going for there coating. 4 weeks.

Taking about a year, were about there. For those who saw the sample at Telford - these are far better.

honda%20rtl%20silencer_zpspozmfug0.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Going to the anodisers tomorrow :D

pro_zpsgz7rue9e.jpg

Also, we were looking / talking about doing a full cover / guard for the silencers which would fit the original ones so you could use them without the risk of damaging them. It would work along the same lines as the picture below. That alloy was welded so to hold the moulds while they were welded together. If you use your imagination. The gap between the silencer and the guard would be around 5mm(not the gap that's currently there) It would also be shaped to the silencer and be bolted using the mudguard mount and also using the clamp. Then would press against the weld so to support and protect incase of impact.

Is this something people would be interested in?

pro%202_zpsflmcxfen.jpg

pro%201_zpsd4lhutnc.jpg

• Like 2

Great job joe ??

Not sure about the cover tbh, was think of sorting a silver carbon skin (very thin), that is vacuum moulded over the face and then remove it and use high temp cloth to line the edges so there's a very thin gap and then no wear marks either, hopefully. Could then spray it flat silver and then it'll protect the whole outside face and look almost like its original (like the covers Mitani do for terminogni silencers for 4rt's, see pic). It would also solve the heat problem for boots/shin area

I'm not planning on using the new one straight away, so the above is just idea at the moment.

post-14348-0-03163900-1461012667_thumb.jpeg

post-14348-0-28811300-1461012682_thumb.jpeg

post-14348-0-87551400-1461013159_thumb.jpeg

Edited by jj65
  • Like 3

Joe you've done an outstanding job, looking forward to receiving mine when it's ready (no rush).

I'm thinking along the same lines as jj65, a very light weight carbon cover, although it could prove quite expensive to produce a handful, unless theirs a DIY carbon fibre builder amongst us? Although their could be demand from other RTL owners, with damaged silencers.

All been well they should be finished back end of next week, I'll keep you informed.

Yes, heat shield will be done similar to the factory bikes. I looked at it a few months ago and It wouldn't be that hard to do.

• Like 2