New Honda Fuel Injected 2 Stroke

michael_t

I think its a wind up, those drawings look like something from the 1930's, look at the length of the conrod for a start.

I think that style is fairly standard for patent applications. This is the Kawaski Supercharger drawings for the current H2 bike

oJfkZBC.gif

I've rode a number of Ossa's and can start them no problem. Some people can't start a gas gas pro either. I think the battery pack people add to the ossa helps but there must just be a knack to it ? Certainly wouldn't rubbish fuel injection on this basis

Just as important as the fuel injection is the way the rod is attached to the crank via an extra link.

I have not drawn it out but does this affect the way the piston rises and falls to give more time for getting fuel in and exhaust out or changing the way compression works for diesel fuel ?

There is a circular drawing showing the fueling cycle, it would be interesting to see a similar version for a standard crank / rod set up.

Lineaway, you have made a few good and intelligent posts, but the last one was a child like load of bolloxs!

You are correct, I actually loved the Ossa. But I will not bash a product that started out looking great and fell on it`s face. Would you like pages of what was wrong with the bike and why it failed to meet expectations? Starting was the shortest thing I could pick on. 

Edited by lineaway

The engine in the patent diagrams has little in common with a typical 2 stroke engine other than it produces a power stroke for every "crank" rotation. The engine shown would also be too tall for trials / off road application.