Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

Looking again it's disappointing that the Bike is so "standard". The carb and rear suspension are where everybody else is. A Kehin and Reiger or Ohlins would be where must riders would expect the money to be. Chris looked at the rear end and the Shock is not the standard he expected. The Jgas is a bit "soft" and getting the linkage to work with a stiffer setup is where I and he expected the TRS to be, not going back to a "proven" linkage. It looks like a separate plastic tank which makes EFI difficult. There is no Extra cooling either. Electric pumps look the way to keep the bikes cool and it is not there. Personally I'd be looking at Beta Pricing as it has no features that shout out Improved and better.

• Like 1

At first glance it reminded me of the 1999 Bultaco. It looked better in the video. I for one prefer just a good carb. And you do not need a high dollar shock if you can ride. Will be interesting to see how it does during some competition.

Jeez, some of yall are a hard crowd to satisfy.

Not half ,I've ridden for 40 years and never on a British built bike got a cheek to criticise.

Spain is on it's knees and can still knock out a decent bike.

I can't name the last the last uk built trials bike.

I would ask my Dad but he's been away 10 years.

PS Whats the best trials bike the US and New Zealand have made?i

Edited by breagh
  • Like 1

Tank capacity is 2.3 litres, that's ok for small multi lap venues but will be awkward for longer events, nationals and Scott etc. Bike looks very nice and very familiar, cross between a Jgas and a Scorpa. Any idea of prices, strong pound at the moment so bike prices should be coming down in reality. They soon shot up when the Euro was strong!

Is double spark ignition possibly just the same as the dual map switch some other 2Ts have? I think Hidra also make the Sherco ignition.

Other new entrants Ossa & Jotagas entered the market at a premium price with novelty/rarity their only advantage. Performance, quality & reliability were no better, arguably worse than established brands. Everyone is also expecting the Vertigo to be premium price.

If TRS can enter at a mainstream price & not feel they have to have the biggest truck in the paddock or a huge factory full of expensive working capital they could take some decent market share & make a go of it. I expect to see Raga on one next year & his results this year riding out of the RFME truck have been the same as when he had half,of the Gas Gas factory in the paddock.

Wow! Aren't trials riders so fickle? How many threads on this forum have been about riders wanting a reliable,conventional and easy to fix machine with good support and when one comes along, it's berated? .. and all you have done thus far is look at some pictures?  

Think about it from a small business perspective with limited development funds. You must spend the money wisely and in this instance, not take too many risks. As I understand it, the work has gone into the bikes balance and power delivery which after Ross rode it for the first time, said it was pretty good. I suggest anyone who is currently a gasser rider should get a go on one and it would be interesting to hear their views. 

• Like 1