Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

You are missing the point Atomant, the factory was doing a watch this space advertising ploy, keeping everybody waiting for their new bike. When it had finally arrived most people are disappointed to find it is just a copy of the Jotagas with a traditional shock and a Sherco swinging arm! at least Vertigo went with fuel injection and a different frame to grab the imagination.

You are missing the point Atomant, the factory was doing a watch this space advertising ploy, keeping everybody waiting for their new bike. When it had finally arrived most people are disappointed to find it is just a copy of the Jotagas with a traditional shock and a Sherco swinging arm! at least Vertigo went with fuel injection and a different frame to grab the imagination.

Yes that is a fair point. It doesn't have the visual prowess that we were expecting I agree, but the test is when you get on it. Lets judge it then :) As I said, GG riders should try it out and see what they think for sure...

Edited by atomant
  • Like 2

I think we were all guilty of expecting more to look at however I think it should sell very well. If it is priced correctly then I think they have great future ahead.

Edited by john.b

Yes that is a fair point. It doesn't have the visual prowess that we were expecting I agree, but the test is when you get on it. Lets judge it then :) As I said, GG riders should try it out and see what they think for sure...

They did just that with the j gas and weren't impressed. This has GOT to be better.

Wow! Aren't trials riders so fickle? How many threads on this forum have been about riders wanting a reliable,conventional and easy to fix machine with good support and when one comes along, it's berated? .. and all you have done thus far is look at some pictures? .

Yes we are and we also learnt more about trials bike design from looking at pictures on the internet than Jordi Tarres did from winning seven world titles.

• Like 3

Not half ,I've ridden for 40 years and never on a British built bike got a cheek to criticise.

Spain is on it's knees and can still knock out a decent bike.

I can't name the last the last uk built trials bike.

I would ask my Dad but he's been away 10 years.

PS Whats the best trials bike the US and New Zealand have wmade?i

UK, possibly the Pathfinder and I'll bet the TRS won't be much of an iceracer :-)

I just watched the vid again and paused  a few times to look at details , unless you change the footpeg mounts , where is the adjustability ?

But I wish them the best of luck , if the motor proves reliable , they will sell me thinks ....

I think its a good design & clever move for the factory. ;)

Think about it, 

Say you are a Spanish company looking to develop and sell a trials bike. Now say you have some inside info that a (the) leading trials manufacturer is on the verge of demise. You employ a former factory rider of that company. One who knows a thing or two about riding and developing  trials  bikes and already has experience in setting up a trials bike factory outlet.

You sit back a couple of years during which you develop a few ideas. Possibly one or two innovative projects and one based on already proven design and ideas.

Then it is announced that that leading company is now finished. There's a window of opportunity!

As marketing director of the new company what would you suggest?

Well, there is a big chunk of the market custom that stayed pretty loyal to the demised company. Lets target that market! we will offer our model which is based on tried and trusted designs. A model that is not too dissimilar to the bikes no longer available from the folded company. But with touches of design taken from the appealing innovations of other trials bike companies.

So we end up with a model that is a GasGas - Jotagas love child with a splash of Sherco in its genes.

Now if that doesn't target the market what will? 

A smart move by the company  :)

Personally if it rides as good or better than my current gas gas, is as reliable and similar priced, then I will buy one  :thumbup:

I reckon that's what the company are hoping for. ;)

Edited by dav cc
  • Like 3

This is the first bike. Looks very good really. I'm sure a factory version will be along at some point for the ones wanting more.

I think there's probably more people happy to see a carb than fuel injection.

I am not sure what everyone was expecting but there's only so much that you can do differently with trials bike design. There are rules that you have to stick to or the bike won't be eligible to use in observed trials.

There's a big hole in the market at present,this could be the ideal time to bring it to market.A lot of riders would have bought new GasGas by now if they were available and have kept their bikes longer than they normally would.Dont know how soon and in what quantity or what price but hopefully it will prove to be a competitive and reliable bike.Needs stability and support from the factory downwards,the market won't give what appears to be a Jotagas mk 2 a third chance

Chuck some decent stickers on it!!! They are hideous just like the J Gas.

If it rides like a Gasser and they are the same weight in real life, not like the other BS figures from Beta and Mont, Then they will have a good seller as long as they are the same price as the other mainstream bikes.

A racing with a Keihin and a good rear shock would be nice.

It could be a jotagas MK2 but if it works this time then great!!

It ticks the boxes for me so far anyway.

• Like 1

Interesting that Rising Sun Imports (past USA importers for GasGas) where quick to pick up the distributorship for USA I am assuming all of the GasGas dealers in USA will have TRS on their floors when production starts. Pretty smooth transition really... almost as if the whole thing was planned out a few years ago  ;)

Edited by michael_t