Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

Interesting that Rising Sun Imports (past USA importers for GasGas) where quick to pick up the distributorship for USA I am assuming all of the GasGas dealers in USA will have TRS on their floors when production starts. Pretty smooth transition really... almost as if the whole thing was planned out a few years ago ;)

That would be Gasgas parts not bike. If you have ever dealt with them personally you might not be impressed. Dale is great to work with. Mr snell answers his phone with "why are you calling me?". With that in mind I am still a die hard Gasgas rider who puts a buffer in between me and the parts importer. Or I just say eff it and get my stuff from Europe.

--Biff

• Like 1

Jim was always good to me when I called,I had heard stories but I never had issue with him,He'll be the one who keeps Gasgas bikes going for many years in the future. While I ride Sherco now I will not hesitate to pick up a Gasser in the future if it's a deal.

Jim  has helped me a few times with parts and weird questions ...And I've been told I've got bad phone etiquette . Sometimes when your working on something , the phone ringing is a  PIA !!! unless you've got staff to filter/answer calls ...   And the TRS looks to be a solid simple modern bike . We'll just have to wait for it's performance to speak for itself .! :)   .

That would be Gasgas parts not bike. If you have ever dealt with them personally you might not be impressed. Dale is great to work with. Mr snell answers his phone with "why are you calling me?". With that in mind I am still a die hard Gasgas rider who puts a buffer in between me and the parts importer. Or I just say eff it and get my stuff from Europe.

--Biff

Yep i second that. Spot on. Reasons I don't ride a gasser. And the reason i feel that bike will not sell in the USA. I know several dealers that can't stand Snell. Dale on the other hand gives everything it takes to make a customer happy. If it wasn't for dale there wouldn't be so many gasgas riders. If anything Snell ran off more customers than he kept.

I reckon this TRS looks superb, and in my opinion is the ideal bike to launch just at the right time. No gimmicky technology, quirky design or 4 stroke nonsense *puts tin helmet on* It actually looks well finished as if its been in production for a few seasons.

Good luck to them & its a machine I would definitely be interested in buying when the time comes for a change.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Snell maybe a little rough on the phone. But he knows the bikes and he stocks the parts. His parts inventory only went bad when the factory started suffering financially. When the factory is out of parts, everyone suffers. Jim will have the parts on hand as long as the factory has their **** together. Snell I can call. Ryp I can call. All the others?   :suicide:

• Like 1

I'd strongly suggest a good ride on one 1st, The Sherco is closer to the Gasser ride. The Beta is not everyone's cup of tea, I'm finding out the hard way!

Sherco I am sure is a good bike althouth cannot (leagally register/title) New purchace in my state -USA. Have some time on a 15 Beta and feel confident there will be no remorse on my end (clutch mods were done). Just looking for a stable brand that can test the time and Beta seems to be it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just been looking at pics of the TRS engineand whilst it's certainly crankcase reed valve induction as per every other carbed bike, there does also appear to be some sort of sensor or even injector mounted on top of the reed valve housing on the crankcase behind the barrel, anybody got any ideas what this might be for..?