Trs Bike Unveiled

Andy

This is Steve Fracy on the newly arrived TRS

I have just been fortunate enough to spend an entire day riding the new TRS One. The only bike so far here in Canada. I have ridden all kinds of bikes and my last bike was a GG Racing 300. I hope I can bring an objective review of what I saw and felt riding it. First off, the build quality is exceptional. Lots of little things make me think that a RIDER had a lot to do with the design ( Thank you Jordi). The feel to ride the bike is that its very light. The riding position is absolutely perfect. I am 6ft tall and cant remember the last bike I had that I felt so perfect on..... The center of gravity seems very low and I found the bike very easy to balance and to move the rear wheel around. As far as the overall handling of the bike, it was so good and made me feel confident, and tracked so well and incredibly stable. I attribute this to the aluminum frame and rear suspension linkage design. I am a big fan of aluminum framed bikes and this tiny rigid frame I love. The clutch feel is very good and by far the best clutch I have ever had on any bike I have ridden. Beta, Sherco, GG.

I don't know what they have done with the  brakes as they look to be standard, but they are incredibly strong, and this was noticed by everyone who rode it. Everything just seems to be in the right position and very comfortable to ride. It grips incredibly well. The transmission is for me a lot better than the GG in the way it shifts. NO big crunch going into fourth gear, and it shifts with a definite and nice clicking motion. The ratios are absolutely perfect, and I was skeptical about the 5 speed as I am not a fan from riding Shercos. The TRS ratios are perfect, with 1st through 4th all evenly spaced and usable in sections, with 5th being your road gear/

Overall the feel of the bike was familiar but even better than I had expected. I loved it and cant wait to get mine

post-1163-0-15001600-1457505252_thumb.jpg

post-1163-0-43262500-1457505269_thumb.jpg

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1

Lets not get carried away this is a brand new bike, the brakes should be good, but 5 into 6 doesnt go, for 95% of the time its fine but 6 is always better? so please gush all you want but dont stretch the truth too far.

You are going to have to get use to people gushing over it I'm afraid because it is that good ! oh, and my last 2 bikes were 300 Gassers and I never noticed any benefit in having a 6 speed gearbox which you seem to be making a big issue about. As Steve says, it's designed by a rider and lets face it, Jordi Tarres isn't just any rider is he?

Edited by atomant
  • Like 2

Lets not get carried away this is a brand new bike, the brakes should be good, but 5 into 6 doesnt go, for 95% of the time its fine but 6 is always better? so please gush all you want but dont stretch the truth too far.

Dabster, look at the bright side though.... you got to see a pic of me and, more importantly a nice shot of the TRS at the top of our clubs property overlooking the beautiful city of Victoria BC :lol:

sales will be the decider and prove if what you geezers say is true....or not.

Regardless of my bike is best partisan support from sponsored riders (steve fraceys son?) or their friends I am totally convinced that there are too many bikes from too many brands for them all to survive

• Like 1

Dabster:

yes sales will be the decider for sure, you kettle......apparently  me stove. I think Forrest Gump said it best, Geezer is, as Geezer does. FYI, the report wasn't from my son ( spelt Fracy) as he only got to ride the bike for an hour the week before. I attempted to write a fair review of the bike after riding it pretty much for the day. I don't think too many people have had a chance to see one yet, let alone spend a day on one. I had hoped it would be seen neutral, as I rode a GG last year (which I loved) and several Beta's before that. It was not intended to be  a my bike is better than yours dispute. We do agree on the fact that there are too many bikes in a small market.

...I am totally convinced that there are too many bikes from too many brands for them all to survive

but that's another discussion altogether ...

Regarding the TRS, for sometime now, people have been saying they want a 'Clubmans' bike. A bike that is easy to work on, performs well, rides well and is of a decent quality. Jordi Tarres has recognised that and with his meticulous attention to detail and quality, he has produced the TRS One which is all those things. It can certainly perform at the highest level as it beat Toni Bou on it's first outing and that is impressive in anyone's book !

Yes time will tell regarding sales but I suspect it will do well :)

• Like 3

Spares availability for Jotagas is fine and cheap.Ossa got dragged down with Gas Gas and putting the bike on sale before it was ready.The 2014/15 models were ok but the damage was done and not many riders wanted one.Think the Trs is what the Jotagas would have evolved into if Jordi was still there,I'd be interested in a Trs if I was looking to change

Hope your right Huski the more choice the better as far as im concerned,cause it keeps the prices down as much as poss if nothing else.

Keeping prices down? Why?

if no one is making decent money how does a buisness, or in our case a manufacturer keep producing?