For Better Or Worse?

dadof2

Fajardo seems to have moved ahead of Dabill. What is the reason?

Is Vertigo not as good as Beta?

Is Dabill handicapped by developing new bike?

Has Fajardo / Beta combination improved relative to others?

Should EFI 2T now be beating carburated 2T?

I think Dabill should be more concerned about Busto, Casales & Ferrer than about Fajardo.

But you implied he would not be able to cope with british conditions... If it isnt rain, can you explain to me what the difference between Spanish and British terrain is?

Yes, and did you not look at his results at all the other rounds? And who mentioned Jorge?... the original poster was discussing Jeroni, who is a fair bit better than Jorge!!

Saying the WTC isnt the be all and end all is one of the most naive things ive heard, have you watched the WTC? Have you seen the varied terrain? Did you watch czecho, did you watch sweden? And what makes you thing British trials are the be all and end all? Last time i watched trials, there were a lot of Spanish at the front.

To say there are other riders than Dabill who would give Jeroni Fajardo a lesson in trials riding in britain is as silly as saying there are a lot of lesser riders in Spain who would give James Dabill a lesson on riding dry rocks. Thats the reason we have a WTC that visits different countries. 

Sure send Toni to my local practice ground with its ultra specific rocks and mud and ill give him a schooling on how to ride trials

I stand corrected,are we married and i do not know about it?

Could you be Jeroni's dad?

Ok ,all uk trials riders

• Like 1

why does it always come back to the SSDT.

The british riders win the SSDT because they ride it year in year out and have done since they were eligible to do so.

A foreigner comes and has one go at it and he doesn't win it so that makes him less of a rider?

The WTC is the most accurate way of measuring a riders ability, sure some will say what about the riders who don't compete, the truth is, if they had been good enough they would be getting the factory rides!

• Like 7

If you've won everything else, why wouldn't you take the challenge the SSDT poses ?

Money.

The SSDT doesnt carry the status around the world as some people think, and certainly not what it did in the past.

• Like 2

Is that a serious statement?!

Why do people always think that it never rains in spain?

It does but mainly on the plains.

I don't get all the angst. The Vertigo looks like a great bike. It's a pretty fair bet no one on this thread could push it past 30% of its ability. Dibs is a hell off a rider. Other riders are just a tiny bit better and that shows in the scores. That's just the way it is. It was the same for Steve Saunders though I loved to watch him ride there was just that tiny bit of inconsistency that kept him from world champion. The same thing dogged Diego Bosis. Dougie, Jordi, Toni and Adam are that rare breed that can dominate a small sport but the guys that can run even close deserve a hell of a lot of respect.

• Like 4

It does but mainly on the plains.

I don't get all the angst. The Vertigo looks like a great bike. It's a pretty fair bet no one on this thread could push it past 30% of its ability. Dibs is a hell off a rider. Other riders are just a tiny bit better and that shows in the scores. That's just the way it is. It was the same for Steve Saunders though I loved to watch him ride there was just that tiny bit of inconsistency that kept him from world champion. The same thing dogged Diego Bosis. Dougie, Jordi, Toni and Adam are that rare breed that can dominate a small sport but the guys that can run even close deserve a hell of a lot of respect.

Exactly

• 2 weeks later...

My impression was not based so much on the end of year WTC standings nor had I studied results in detail. I just felt on average Jeroni had moved nearer the front at most events this year whilst JD seemed to have moved back a place or two. It is not a criticism of the riders, just a casual observation.

SSDT is too different to be considered alongside present WTC.

Two things more than anything have hastened the demise of the WTC, 1) the removal of the progression of 125cc for youth to 18 (short term gain for pol tarres has ruined this class) and 2) the no stop rule being introduced but not enforced.

Im not sure if no stop is good or bad but to allow stopping under no stop is a farce and has proved nothing, but more importantly improved nothing.

My point here is Cabastany, raga, Fuji and now Fajardo have not been overtaken by youth because the sections have been eased to take into account no stop (to some extent) which has prolonged their careers and restricted the youths coming through because they know nothing except stop rules, and the competitive 125ccs arent there either.

A lose lose situation, wheres Thierry when you want him?

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 3