Ossa Mechanic Midlands And How To Repack Exhaust?

fitz_the_viking

If your book says the fuel/oil ratio is 120/1 and you are running 50/1 then that's more than twice the oil recommended per 5l fuel,its no surprise the plugs don't last and she runs rough. Would also explain the exhaust clogging and being smoky due to unburnt oil in the wadding.

not 50:1 40-50mls of oil per 5 l. 100-120:1

The best way to stop the misery would be to book it in at Nigel Birketts in Cumbria .... as the importer he will be the person who will be able to diagnose the problem,or just call him for advice,he is a motorcycle mechanic with a great deal of experience and the OSSA importer.

your right. i have done everything i can do other than bin the FI and put a good ole fashioned carb on. i remember the days when............... :)

ill give him a ring and see whats what. 

Edited by fitz_the_viking

we have a result!!! no the one i was hoping for but hey. 

instead of burning through a plug in 4 trials i managed it in a record 2.5 hours. didnt rev out properly, ran really rough. 

surely less oil means a richer mixture, if i am right the oil doesnt combust jut lubricates right? so 50 mls of oil will mean less petrol in the chamber.

I think there must be more going on than is immediately obvious here, if you haven't already got it booked in somewhere and it still doesn't want to rev out is it possible to try it without the final silencer to see if it might be clogged internally.

Other than that could it be a wiring issue - filth in connections causing issues?

Get the mapping and tps checked first. This could be a host of issues such as fuel pump, injector, I have seen dirty fuel pump connections affect starting so check, clean, and pack with dielectric grease if it is still bad after having it checked by birketts. It could also just be totally bogged up if you have been using to much oil in your gas, maybe it just needs the bollox revving out of it to clear it out