Trials Trousers

2stroke4stroke

I need to replace my old Jitsie trousers, which were the nearest l could get to what I wanted at the time. Is it possible to get a reasonably protective trouser these days? I'm not interested in either skin fit lycra or wearing cammo pants.

I can live with colour but don't really want large lettering. Thanks.

I wore proper motorcycle trousers for a couple years.  I didn't like the fit, the look/style or the colors.  I now wear work trousers (mechanics' trousers) and a work shirt.  The outfit is extremely durable, comfortable, inexpensive and simple without bright colors or big lettering.  The trousers offer plenty of room in the legs and crotch - no tightness issues when riding.  I highly doubt I'll ever go back to proper motorcycle clothing.  Dickies brand works very well but other brands may be just as good.

Edited by b_42woody

The best trials gear I have come across is Thor Prime line of motocross gear. It's way, way lighter than my old Jitsies. It's the only gear I now wear.

"With the evolution of riding reaching new heights, we needed a gear kit that met the demands of today’s new riders. Prime gear is an evolving concept that is built around a very lightweight, breathable chassis to allow complete freedom of motion on the bike. The pant is extremely light and flexible compared with traditional pants and is intended as a "race day" or track pant. That doesn’t mean it’s not durable, it just means its not the best choice for a ride through the pucker brush and tight woods. Up top, Thor’s new Prime Fit jersey takes things to another level with it’s form-fitted sleeves and tailored torso construction resulting in reduced wind flap and interference. Utilizing a unique layered look, Thor has combined the benefits of compression technology while allowing great air circulation around the torso and excellent moisture wicking for those long hot motos.

• Refined chassis for increased comfort and performance.
  • Stretch polyester-spandex chassis.
  • Large leather inner knee panels.
  • Double and triple stitched for durability.
  • Ratchet style waist closure and adjustable side cinch.
  • Sewn in liner."

• 5 weeks later...