2015 St300 Opinions

adz244

Hi all currently riding a 2013 gasgas txt250 my local dealer has a 2015 st300 that's took my fancy how are they reliability wise and is there anything specific to be aware of on them,also being a 300 is the power delivery pretty smooth or is it best left for the experts

I'm no expert and I ride one. I've never had any real issue with any bike as far as power delivery goes... That's what the throttle is for. But, I like big displacement motors.

The only issue I've had with mine is the oil drain bolt getting hung up on some metal shaving during break in. Ended up having to run a tap through it from the clutch side. I don't like how sherco designed the drain plug, but oh well. Otherwise 60 hours and nothing but air filter changes and fuel.

• Like 1

Thanks I love 300 motors on enduro bikes, and I have a bit (lot) of extra ballast lol just I have read quite a few horror stories on the older 2011 sherco and trials is new to me so thought I'd ask as the only sherco I had was the 15 factory edition 4t enduro bike

I'm on my second Sherco and everything fine untill now.

My 2015 have maybe 20hours. I changed front forks oil, greased links and stem, carburetor twice...everything was in order.

Keihin is picky on jets but worth the price because my 2.9 2010 (Delorto) is way weaker (even with fresh piston and rings) than new 2015 300. It took maybe two weeks to get on grip after buying the new bike

CAM01168

11181397 1646925392187255 2872190168430523628 N

20150404 110502

• Like 1

I've just made the change from a 300 gas gas to a 300 sherco racing & absolutely love it, the power is smooth & easy to use but there if you want it, for me the bike feels lighter & easier to move around, riding wise it's very similar to the gas gas so it doesn't feel alien when you get on it.........for me it was a good move & I prefer the sherco (& I loved my gas gas) but everyone is different.

Edited by revbeta
  • Like 1