2016 Jotagas

crazybond700

The more people / businesses that you have in the supply chain the more margins / profits that have to be paid. If you could take out one of the 'Players' in the process of supply you could reduce the price to the end user but as has already been noted due to the logistics needed to maintain supply this is not going to happen unless of course the factory took on the role and then of course they would need to charge for that service !

This situation is not limited to Trials bike supply I cannot think of any manufactured product ( world market ) where the factory deals direct with the high street outlet ?

OK so the dealer says on august 1st  "i cant get the factory to answer the phone till september"?

Who organises and keeps an eye on the dealers? etc etc

Yes it is 2015 but the practicalities are its better to have an importer in the uk i think

Why cant somebody 1000+ km away take the phone? Offcoarse you need to have a sales/support team at the factory instead of in every country, but that should not be a problem imo if you manage that well (which might be a problem for spaniards? :P) communication is the key, but that is also the case from factory>importer>dealer. I dont think this works for outside of europe because of time problems etc, but why not in europe? Maybe in other countries it works different, but holland being so small I dont see a reason for an importer (which is basically a shop/dealer anyway).

But I dont want to kill this topic too much, just my 2 cents. Let them first get bikes!

Edited by crazybond700

Why cant somebody 1000+ km away take the phone? Offcoarse you need to have a sales/support team at the factory instead of in every country, but that should not be a problem imo if you manage that well (which might be a problem for spaniards? :P) communication is the key, but that is also the case from factory>importer>dealer. I dont think this works for outside of europe because of time problems etc, but why not in europe? Maybe in other countries it works different, but holland being so small I dont see a reason for an importer (which is basically a shop/dealer anyway).

But I dont want to kill this topic too much, just my 2 cents. Let them first get bikes!

They can take the pone but y point was they wont cos they take a months holiday, maintaining a dealer network and making sure they all comply, sending parts etc would all incur costs normally covered by the importers margins?

I agree only have a day or so extra from spain but thats not always what you want. how good is your Spanish if he cant understand your english?

Fors and againsts for importers, in balance id rather have importer.

Besides come 2017 we wont be in the EU anyway.........

They can take the pone but y point was they wont cos they take a months holiday, maintaining a dealer network and making sure they all comply, sending parts etc would all incur costs normally covered by the importers margins?

I agree only have a day or so extra from spain but thats not always what you want. how good is your Spanish if he cant understand your english?

Fors and againsts for importers, in balance id rather have importer.

Besides come 2017 we wont be in the EU anyway.........

Seem to recall you often promoting the independent Montesa man and NOT the importer Dabster for the 4rt's  :P

As least Haven are giving it a go, and as usual here, getting knocked for trying.

Despite months of people wondering why there are no bikes, when there are, everyone wants to know who is importing them?

Seem to recall you often promoting the independent Montesa man and NOT the importer Dabster for the 4rt's  :P

As least Haven are giving it a go, and as usual here, getting knocked for trying.

Despite months of people wondering why there are no bikes, when there are, everyone wants to know who is importing them?

Not so much promoting an independent importer, but cant see why 4rts cant be sold by dealers around the country and why they think only 3 dealers nationwide is enough, and Honda uk has no idea what trials are about etc etc. Point taken though.

The fact that the 2016 4rts have been available for a month or so independantly seems to have passed most by.

Credit to haven for getting the bikes. I hope they sell.

I seem to remember buying a flywheel weight kit from Haven about 10 years ago when they were not readily available from GasGas, so they are familiar with sourcing and importing, but they are not doing themselves any favours with their web site !

Are they a 'grey' importer just bringing in bikes they have purchased in Spain with our strong pound or are they the new official importer ?

In this day and age of web exposure you would have thought a couple of hours work with a site designer and ' Bobs your uncle ' everyone would know the real position about Haven and what they have to offer.