Lock And Load Systems Moto Cinch Risk Racing Etc

english electric

anyone any experience of using any of these to secure a trial or trials bikes. mainly thinking in the long term in regards to taking bike or bikes to france next summer I know moto cinch the guy passed away who invented it. but as I travel exclusively to france via Belgium overnighter from hull down to burgundy twice a year which can take take 10 hours + with stops I don't want to be stoping checking straps every 25 miles and those of you who have travelled the outer ring roads of paris would tend to agree.

was wondering if anyone had used the risk racing set up to transport bikes long distances IE trials bikes.

that's pretty neat seems to work very well, but takes up valuable floor space, i invented / made my own strapless system for my pickup truck. so far no one is interested in buying it but it works like a champ and i don't miss straps at all. bike stays rock solid and never moves or can come loose. also very secure from theft.

rob

i've had a set moto-cinchs for a few years now , and I love 'em  ! I've had more than one 'new' strap break ... With the motocinch , the bike becomes part of the trailer ...

I need 2 more set's , but haven't been able to locate any for a while . I had a risk racing lock and load  previously , but it didn't fit my trusty 240 pro , so I resold it ... they are  not adjustable at all , but if it will fit your bike  , would be just as secure as the moto cinch...

Good luck, 

Glenn

I've bought the risk racing lock and load but haven't installed it in my van yet, so no practical experience.

But if you buy one, make sure its the Junior one, the full size one is way to big for trial bikes.

Edited by guys

3/8"J-bolt,3/8"eyelet,carabiner,l-track,l-track anchor,Now I just hook over the top of the peg,I drilled j-bolt end and slip a hitchpin through it,strap front brake on,bike is rock solid

10906400_1089681281047718_15691438919909

I have several lengths to accommodate different bikes due to footpeg height 10372017_1089681284381051_24420405271728

Edited by htrdoug
  • Like 1

like I said its a project for 12 months down the line I like the idea of the risk racing as they are remevoable plus the junior version I assume would be ideal for trial bikes just need guys to let us know how he goes on with his and his thoughts on the product.. my youngest lad [13] is showing an interest in trialing so will be taking him to an experience day in a month with myself and my eldest son [16] also there is a company in Yorkshire who produce a all aliuminum trailer for less than 3 grand and can customise it to your needs teales in Pontefract.so worth a look for anyone wanting a custom built affordable trailer . seems a good decent trailer but have not found any reviews for it though.

http://www.tealeservices.co.uk/trailers/

• Like 1

I was surprised know one took the patent over from moto cinch over it looked really good. htrdoug design looks really good as well was wondering could you shallow up the angle of anchorage a bit more more vertical anchorage from the footpegs down to the floor like moto cinch risk racing devices. was looking at the design and was thinking you could incorporate a female threaded tube and say a nylock nut on the threaded bar after to elemante any chance of it undoing but I am more than likely over complicating it. excellent design though hrtdoug hats off to you bud.

I was surprised know one took the patent over from moto cinch over it looked really good. htrdoug design looks really good as well was wondering could you shallow up the angle of anchorage a bit more more vertical anchorage from the footpegs down to the floor like moto cinch risk racing devices. was looking at the design and was thinking you could incorporate a female threaded tube and say a nylock nut on the threaded bar after to elemante any chance of it undoing but I am more than likely over complicating it. excellent design though hrtdoug hats off to you bud.

Oh yea,these pics were the original attempt at utilizing them,the outer hook is connected to the factory tiedown rings in the van(Ram Promaster,same as Fiat Ducato) so it does need to be at an angle.Usually I use a shorter hook on the inner side so it goes almost straight down.

• 1 year later...
My apologies for being so late with my reply.

I finally got round to installing the Junior Lock-N-Load system from Risk Racing.

I used 8 nuts (see picture) to secure the system to the wooden floor of my van.

And I must say I'm impressed: very easy to use and the bike is firmly locked in place.

Note that I did add aluminium plates around the upper locking shackle to protect the pegs a bit. 

post-15723-0-08747200-1473616017.jpg

post-15723-0-27007500-1473615780_thumb.jpg

post-15723-0-48637300-1473615791_thumb.jpg

Edited by guys