Why No Service Manual ? Suspension Setup...

scorpatic

I am really frustrated with the lack of information on the 2015 Sherco 250 ST.

How hard can it be to have a manual available to owners?

With a Montesa you can find load specs and adjustment profiles etc etc but with the Sherco we are all supposed to be former mechanics are we?

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to adjust the suspension for a 92 kg rider from factory settings?

You did not look before you bought. Trials bikes are very simple, same, same for many years and manufactures. http://www.sherco.com/tl_files/core/pdf/manuels/2012Manual_ST.pdf Close enough. First you need to ride the bike and break in the suspension. Remember the biggest thing in trials suspension is the front and back need to work together. Besides jetting a 2 stroke, they require very little maintenance. Funny how the 4rt crowd says the bikes reliable like a clock, but all they do is talk about adjustments. 

• Like 1

It is simple enough. As the rear spring settles in, try to keep the static sag(weight of bike on wheels) at around 20mm. There should be some float there.

Damping adjustments will vary depending upon rider pref. Usually quicker rebound for more aggressive riders and hoppers. A bit slower for best grip and muddy conditions.

At that weight you may border upon wanting a heavier rear spring if you ride hard.

Tune front and rear rebound to work together.

Find your happy place a few clicks at a time.

• 2 months later...

Do you have any insight to a manual for a 2001 2.5? I found a one sheet document at that link but I cannot read it. Just looking for oil to use and how much oil? 

If you have any insight that would be appreciated. 

Devon

Do you have any insight to a manual for a 2001 2.5? I found a one sheet document at that link but I cannot read it. Just looking for oil to use and how much oil? 

If you have any insight that would be appreciated. 

Devon

pm me your email address and I'll send you a bunch of stuff.