1968 Dalesman Parts/ Advice Required!

dirtydalesman

Hello,

I'm currently restoring and early Puch engined Dalesman. Can anybody tell me how many teeth the front sprocket should have? The original is missing.

Also the rear rubber drive damper is somewhat past its best. I've trawled the Internet but can't find one anywhere. Any ideas? It's a Puch rear hub setup.

Thanks!

Martin.

Hi Trev,

Yeah, it's looking like a bit of a dead end unless I want to pay a fortune to import one from America! I've got a bit of a plan to machine something up that might work, I'll let you know if it does! Ah, if you have two now, can you help me with my front sprocket teeth count issue? I'm told a Beta sprocket will fit, but I don't know what number of teeth to go for. Also I'm not sure what chain size to go for. Thanks, Martin.

Hi Dirty Dalesman,

I had one back in 1969 - 1974. I can't remember 100% what front sprocket was used, but pretty sure it was 11T. The rear wheel is common to the M125S Puch road bike. I would think the cush drive spider could maybe be sourced in Austria.

Have you tried Steve Goode M/C's as he bought up stock from Steyr Daimler Puch in Nottingham when they closed?

Big John

Hi Big John,

From what information I can find it looks like the standard Puch 125 had a 14t sprocket. Do you think that would be ok? I would imagine it would be easier to find one of those than a Dalesman one if a Dalesman has a specific one with less teeth.

Yes, I tried him, but unfortunately he only has the smaller engined stuff. Said he might be able to find a gear lever though, so it's a start!

Martin.