Beta Rev 4T 2008 Brakes Sticking On

f1wade

Hi all, i've just got a beta rev 4t 2008, and used it a few times, but when i use the brakes more than a few times in 30 mins, they tend to lock on, and we have to take the caliper off and push the pistons back in manually.

they go in mostly easy, sometimes they just wont move, until we push in the right place, which i think is due to being slightly twisted.

the pads are low but not gone, as they have about 2mm left on all round.

anybody know of anything that it could be?

I have wondered if i could just replace the piston and seals, but if the bore is badly scored then i will also need a new caliper, but i dont want to buy pistons if i need a new caliper anyway?

straight from the user manual...min thickness for pads is 2mm. replace earlier to avoid what you've described. they don't wear symmetrically because they have a leading and trailing edge....once worn this causes the pistons to thrust and they get stuck...a tiny piece of grit inside will make this a whole lot worse....these calipers only have primary hydraulic seals...no dust seal..they need frequent cleaning

post-1592-0-85671700-1441569992_thumb.jpg

Edited by worldtrialchamp

What's been said already, the 4 pots don't like too much piston hanging out of the caliper body, otherwise the pistons twist and jam.

Also, make sure you've the required "play" at the master cylinders.

Back the adjusters off so the levers have at least 2mm of free play before they push on the cylinders, again without this they'll jam on.